Tom
Years ago

Under Armour Shoe Deal for 36ers?

With Terrance Ferguson coming in with his Under Armour endorsement deal there is talks between the club and UA to provide sneakers and other gear for the club. UA already have a deal with the Hawks to provide sneakers. What are your thoughts on this? Would the NBL allow it ?

Topic #39498 | Report this topic

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Cant see why not, especially as the Hawks already have a deal and the NBL wants to partner with good sponsors.

Seems like a no brainer and win win for all.

Reply #589142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can see a couple of problems, would Under Armour try and interfere if Ferguson doesn't get many minutes. Can't see it affecting Joey making decisions on playing time but shoe politics are often played in the US, after all, Nike is Lebrons major employer and there's even talk that Nike will play a decision in where Durant plays next year because of his slump in shoe sales.
Also, will it allow players the decision to wear their own choice or do they have to wear whatever UA decides. Nice to get free gear but if you're more comfortable in nikes then is that a big issue. And based on the memes going around on Curry's latest all white sneaker some wouldn't like them.

Reply #589155 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Depends if it's a larger sponsorship or just provision of gear. Not uncommon for the latter.

On shoe designs, I read that Curry's shoe was broadly criticised, but I saw KD and LBJ's shoes on display in a Nike outlet last week in California and they were hideous. Like, hard to make them any uglier, hideous. Not sure if they're older models?

Normally Nike stuff is pretty decent looking.

Reply #589688 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Just wait a few more weeks for the Delly 1's.

According to some hoopologists they'll get dirty easily, will under perform, be over priced, ugly and likely to be overrated by many Australian consumers excited by the fact an Aussie has a signature shoe.

Expect a limited release.

Reply #589694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If limited release means every Big W will have it then yeah it will be. The curry 2s are the most comfortable basketball shoe I've ever worn. Too bad people care more about looks than performance. Jordans prove that

Reply #589699 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:30 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754