Curtley
Years ago

Bogut knee

Looks like he has hyperextended his knee. If that's all it is what is the general prognosis? I'm guessing that's all over for Rio even if he recovers in time.

Topic #39503 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like Delly might miss Rio as well. The Monstars have obviously taken what little talent the guy had

Reply #589206 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Depends on the severity, but I wouldn't expect him to play now. That is a big blow.

Can Australia still medal without him?

Reply #589208 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

This may be a silly question, I haven't actually paid close attention, so how long is it to the Olympics start? Especially the Basketball?

So far, they're calling it a "Sprain."
If he's done an ACL he could be out for a year, even a PCL is a long time. But if its just a sprain, with appropriate treatment he could be back much sooner.

Reply #589211 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Olympics start early August. The training camp is the 5th - 10th of July. The first warm up games are the 12th of July I think. He has about three weeks to recover if he is to be a part of this.

Reply #589212 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Looked really bad. I very much doubt we will see him play anywhere this NBA offseason.

Reply #589213 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

MRI is tomorrow so we will have to wait and see.

Reply #589229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it good news they've pushed it back? Maybe medical staff feel it isn't serious? You'd think if it was bad they wouldn't take any risks?

Reply #589230 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

I reckon it's a MCL with possible meniscus damage.

Reply #589235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Quite often they don't take scans till the swelling is down so I wouldn't be to excited by the delay..

Reply #589236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz you are such a font of bullshit.
Quite simply put all the closeness of what you have been watching it isn't a sprain. Trusting the experts is like trusting you. Generally they and you don't know what they are talking about.
At the least it would be hyperextended and the vision I saw I would never even comment on anything more than that. As Mark Bradtke about hyper extended knee.

Reply #589245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hyper extension isn't an injury. It's a motion which causes an injury, like a sprain.

Reply #589247 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

http://www.aussiehoopla.com/boguts-injury-mean-boomers/

Reply #589250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boomers chance of medaling remain the same...zero point zero chance

Reply #589253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course its an injury. No ball and socket joint is expected ever to to go backwards. Believe the Dr Google stuff as you do.

Reply #589262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz is always right

Reply #589265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry but do you think the knee is a ball and socket joint????

Reply #589267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck to him, hope he recovers quickly

Reply #589268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ball and socket?? Please don't give advice to junior players on anything health.

Reply #589275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're right mate, shoulders and hips only work in one direction...

Reply #589279 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Playing Game 6

Reply #589280 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I keep hearing 'Playing game 6" and I find it unlikely. What is the source on that?

Reply #589283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At this stage he is out but they may update that tomorrow.

Reply #589299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's in until they rule him out. Same with Curry. Although Curry has less chance of being ruled out given that he is not hurt at the moment.

Reply #589300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My god there is some really odd individuals who comment on stuff they have zero knowledge about. He will travel with the team but the chances of him doing more than potentially celebrating a title in street clothes is very unlikely. He was unable to put any pressure on that knee, not a long turn around, only so much swelling that can go down in that time even if there is no structural damage. Tough blow for Bogut and the Warriors!

Reply #589308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes the sneaker experts as good medicos too. Just sayin

Reply #589309 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

The fact that they haven't ruled him out yet is promising. There must be some sign of life for that knee or they would just move ahead. There is no point holding the announcement off. He must be putting some pressure on it and atleast hobbling around.

Reply #589311 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

He's playing Game 6 from what I hear.

> I keep hearing 'Playing game 6" and I find
> it unlikely. What is the source on that?

LV, a few hours ago

Reply #589315 | Report this post

Daz68  
Years ago

Reported ESPN Bogut out of the finals
But will not require surgery projected
Recovery time 6 to 8 weeks.

Reply #589320 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Only thing to keep him out of Rio is a bunch of mosquitoes now.

Reply #589321 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Bone Bruise.

Reply #589324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Warriors make it official: Bogut out 6-8 weeks. No surgery."

Reply #589326 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Olympics start in 7 weeks.. could they possibly take him along and play him in the finals?

Reply #589327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO match fitness and no guarantee by then he would even be able to play

Reply #589328 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Someone from Fox sports raised the same posibility

http://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/nba/how-andrew-bogut-can-still-play-in-australias-olympics-campaign-plus-considerations-for-nba-career/news-story/f8edec5d81af0b5cc315c4b1ce43e67a

Reply #589330 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Unfortunately that all but rules Bogut out of the Olympics but I don't think it will be a huge problem Baynes can slot in to that starting centre spot. Bogut's pretty much just a role player now on the Boomers as he showed last year yet Baynes was one of our better players at the 2014 WC.

What will be interesting is who comes into the team for Bogut will it be Jawai or will BA manage to convince Simmons to join the team?

Reply #589334 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:58 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754