ME
Years ago

Basketball Australia says Bogut 'remains committed

Basketball Australia posted this on their Facebook:

"Boomers coach Andrej Lemanis has spoken with Andrew Bogut and Andrew will make a statement on his injury in the coming days.

He remains committed to Rio and we wish him a speedy recovery! ‪#‎GoBoomers‬
"

It seems that they are willing to have him miss the warm up games and perhaps the pool games.

Here is an article that suggests how they will do this, and is the most likely scenario.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/nba/how-andrew-bogut-can-still-play-in-australias-olympics-campaign-plus-considerations-for-nba-career/news-story/f8edec5d81af0b5cc315c4b1ce43e67a

Topic #39508 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

mmmm, i reckon he'll be right to go.

Take another big just in case.

Big Nate get in the gym & get off the party pies - here's your chance!!

Reply #589335 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

mmmm, i reckon he'll be right to go.

Take another big just in case.

Big Nate get in the gym & get off the party pies - here's your chance!!

Reply #589336 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

If it's a 6-8 week injury I reckon you could put a line through Bogut. Don't reckon you can taken an injured player to a tournament like that in the hope he might play in later games.

It could end up being a big NBA off-season for him as well. I reckon there's a big chance GSW shop him.

Reply #589345 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"He remains committed to Rio" =/=
1. a firm statement that he will play, or
2. he'll be selected (given his recovery conflicts with the team's preparation).

Not much substance to the tweet as I read it, but understandably so.

Reply #589346 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Bogut will not be playing in the olympics....

Reply #589347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure it is 6-8 weeks minimum so can't see him in Rio.

Agree that Bogut is a big chance to be moved on by the warriors, free up some cap space and get young blood in.

Reply #589379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut has stated it is very unlikely he will pay in Rio.

Reply #589388 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Okay then. It isn't the worst situation in the world. I think we can somewhat cover the loss. It will have to be rim protection by committee

Reply #589392 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Could well now be the 2014 WC team with Mills in for Exum and Lisch in for Gibson.

Reply #589393 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

both of those acquisitions would be major upgrades. If we play the way we did against Lithuania, but consistently, we could do well.

Reply #589402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets call a spade a spade!

BA will no doubt say Bogut is still committed to Rio for the sake of keeping everyone supporting the team.

Bogut is out for 8 weeks, he still have a few years left on his contract. You think he would jeopardized his NBA contract to play in RIO? NO!

BA and Lemanis need to start thinking about a replacement
for Bogut.

Reply #589426 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

There doesn't have to be a replacement. The squad already has our best big men in it. If you're going to throw another big man in the squad for numbers it should be Aleks Maric but I wouldn't expect him to make the 12.

Rather than a replacement in personnel, they need to figure out how they will protect the ring. That is the biggest thing we lose without Bogut.

Reply #589445 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

If you want to really see where his loyalty lies ask Thon, he gets a lock selection to the Olympics.

Reply #589465 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

How in the world is that stick insect a lock for Boomers selection this year?

Reply #589467 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Just if you offered him the spot with Bogut going down you will soon see if he really wants to play for the team or not.

Reply #589509 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:55 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754