Hoopie
Years ago

Lemanis' replacement?

Once Lemanis' time is up, I would like to see someone different in the job.

I don't know that a U.S. Coach will suit our style, and I don't believe any Aussie coaches really have the wide support or international experience to succeed.

So, who should we target? A Euro-League coach? A top-level South American? What do you think would be a good fit for the team we're likely to have over the next four years?

Topic #39517 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

An ex NBL player without enough experience

Reply #589488 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"Once Lemanis' time is up, I would like to see someone different in the job."

So would I. Mostly because if his time is up and we don't appoint someone different to the job then we're left without any coach, and to me that's not ideal for a basketball team.

If he brings home a medal I'll be in no hurry for his time to be up though.

Reply #589489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure there's plenty of up and coming nba assistants that if the offer and commitments allow would be a better appointment than the same old re runs. With the influx of talent hopefully it'll be an attractive job.

Reply #589491 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

pop

Reply #589498 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Too late for that Benno, Team USA beat us to the punch

Reply #589499 | Report this post

TimeTravelingGoat  
Years ago

Dave Simmons and Cecil Exum assistant coaches.

Reply #589503 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Bevo

Reply #589516 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

Definitely Bevo

Reply #589520 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

If he brings home a medal I'll be in no hurry for his time to be up though.
The comments he made in an article that was posted recently (Bullets website IIRC) indicate he's not planning on sticking around regardless.

Reply #589522 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Basketball Australia want a full time coach. Lemanis cannot be that due to the Brisbane role. I am wondering why the Boomers really need a full time coach anyway? He spends most of the year not coaching games and apparently he has been out of contact with some of our best prospects. So what really does the year round salary pay for? I can't see why a coach couldn't do both but basketball australia wants to piss money away.

Reply #589524 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

he sucks communication wise we need someone up with the times who can relate to our players!

Reply #589525 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

The players don't like him and don't respond to him. He's gone regardless of what he wants.

Reply #589526 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

He spends most of the year not coaching games and apparently he has been out of contact with some of our best prospects. So what really does the year round salary pay for? I can't see why a coach couldn't do both but basketball australia wants to piss money away.
There'll be international games during NBL season from next year.

Reply #589529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Australia's coaching talent pool is very dry and has been for a while now. I wouldn't mind looking overseas.

Reply #589532 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

"apparently he has been out of contact with some of our best prospects."

I also recall Lemanis being reported as being in the loop on decisions by Ingles not to play for the Boomers last year, Simmons not to play Olympics, Bogut's latest drama and the situation with Exum's availability. That all seemed to point to him keeping lines of communications open with Boomers and prospective Boomers.

Also, according to Boti Nagy 2 months ago, "No previous Boomers coach in the history of the sport has spent as much time communicating and visiting his overseas playing contingent as Lemanis."

Did that all change over the last couple of months, though (the China tour aside)?

Reply #589558 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Well, for instance, Lemanis expects Thon Maker to chase him.

Reply #589559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lemanis is a joke, just happened to be at Breakers at the right time. Remember he still sucked the first two or three seasons then NZ started recruiting well for the first time in their history and it all fell into place for him. So lucky to be a three time winning coach, Stacker must be like "wtf" at his former assistant lol

Reply #590125 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:40 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754