Anonymous
Years ago

Thon Maker projected mid-to-late first round pick

ESPN's latest mock draft has Maker going at #18 to the Pistons. A good outcome for him to be drafted around this range I would've thought?

Topic #39520 | Report this topic

Benno  
Years ago

Yes, every mock is all over the joint. I reckon he is most likely taken in the 20's

Reply #589548 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Detroit is also chasing Bogut, Delly & Mills.

Reply #589549 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I think it proves that his NBA workouts have gone well and there is more to him than just a few 2014 mixtapes.

Reply #589551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Draftexpress have him at 34.. They are usually the most accurate

Reply #589564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Draftexpress are trash the comments they have made about Simmons only to then put him 1st shows what a joke they are. Maker will go anywhere from 20 to 35 I think a team will take a risk on him in the 1st round.

Reply #589569 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

He has definitely improved his stock from probably early 2nd round to pretty much a lock for the first round. I'd be surprised to see him slip past 30.

Reply #589582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he goes mid 20's and that will be a contender looking to stash him overseas while he puts on muscle.

Reply #589646 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Hopefully NBL teams are on the line to him. He could be interesting off the bench

Reply #589647 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

"Draftexpress are trash the comments they have made about Simmons only to then put him 1st shows what a joke they are. Maker will go anywhere from 20 to 35 I think a team will take a risk on him in the 1st round."

Couldn't agree more i feel the guy had a grudge on Simmons or something like that having him at 2nd for like 4 months was so bogus, and somehow maker keeps going backwards in his mocks where all you read is impressive things about his workouts. NBAdraft.net is better source!

Reply #589654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's his midrange game like? Wouldn't mind him at the Clips if it's any good

Reply #589667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Re midrange game - no one knows as he's never played against anyone good and when he has he's looked very average.. But hey: since he's an Aussie you'll always get a bunch of people on here who will overhype him!!

Reply #589669 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

This is well worth a read:

http://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/16262564/nba-draft-prospect-thon-maker-unconventional-path-pay-off

Reply #589680 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Good work again @XY, found that an intriguing read...

Reply #589682 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Good work again @XY, found that an intriguing read...

Reply #589683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So anonymous above wasn't that far off. Detroit can have him

Reply #589700 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:21 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754