Isaac
Years ago

Warriors-Cavs, Game 7

Turning out to be quite the series after all!

Topic #39522 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

Wow, just wow!

Reply #589577 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

That was amazing. (Advert for NBA)

Reply #589578 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

LeBron - damn, that block!
Irving - that shot
Steph - nothing but air

Live by the three, die by the three. It seems that is still relevant today.

Reply #589580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JR Smith, NBA Champion Shooting Guard

Reply #589581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Absolutely awesome game from both teams but so glad Cavs won

Reply #589583 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Lebron and Kyrie = what was expected of them
Love and JR Smith = stepped up

Steph and Klay = didn't quite get their best
Green = stepped up

Bogut = missed his rim protection
Delly = got his ring

Reply #589584 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Bogut's absence was the difference, I reckon.

So glad Delly got his ring.

What are the odds both teams will be back in the Finals next year?

Reply #589587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matt dellavedova has a championship ring and a signature shoe. What is the world coming to

Reply #589588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly won Cleveland the championship.

By taking his rightful place at the end of the bench and giving his minutes to actual NBA players.

Enjoy it while it lasts

Reply #589589 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Cav's coach didn't play four others in that team anon, leaving it to his biggest budget players to get the job done, which they of course did.

Your petty jealousy is unwarranted, so I suggest you crawl back under that rock from which you slithered out of and accept he is just so much better than you will ever be, even in your dreams!

Reply #589590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dunno, if a coach is going to Mo Williams over him that says a lot. As does -10 in a 30 point win. I guess Lue is just a hater as well not playing him because they want to win

Reply #589591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dude has a ring before Chris Paul. Personally I think the clippers should make the trade. Riding the bench to a ring also puts him above Nash. Olympic gold here we come

Reply #589592 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Gaze, our greatest ever player, was sitting where when he picked up his ring?

Seriously, you just sound like a dick. Delly played a significant role as first option PG off the bench for the Cavs for most of the season.

By the way, you know that Mo Williams is a different kind of player than Delly? He has a 52 point game in the NBA on his resume. So what if he was promoted off the bench before Delly in the last couple of games? What point do you think you actually prove by mentioning it?

Delly by grabbing this ring and being a part of this team has assured himself of an extended stay in the NBA.

Reply #589593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kevin love's defence on curry on the last switch needs to get some credit. Made curry take a bad shot which sealed the game. Just shows you with some guys mentality is everything.

Reply #589594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I do know he's a different player. He can score against NBA defenders. Gaze wasn't even on the playoffs roster was he? Significant role with 7 points. 45 minutes in the finals. Well deserved champion

Reply #589595 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

And yet he is the one drinking champagne right now... Life must be unfair for you.

Reply #589596 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In the last 6:38 of Game 5, the Warriors scored 1 point. In the last 4:38 of Game 7, they went scoreless.

Reply #589597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Again. He did nothing to deserve it. I can live with the fact lebron carried a whole bunch of nobodies to a ring. Makes his legacy even greater he won a ring with players like Richard Jefferson and delly.

Cavs defense incredible. KLove stepped up huge

Reply #589599 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

The Cavalier's defensive ability may have been underrated before Isaac, but not now!

That said, I agree with the 'live by the three, die by it' theory, these days too...

Reply #589600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really thought Draymond was gonna take over and win it for the Warriors after half time. Congrats to lebron. Finally won the finals MVP he was absolutely robbed of last season

Reply #589601 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Amazing series, loved every minute of it that I got to watch. Lebron was amazing, Kyrie was just as good and a seven games series coming down to who executes in the last 2 minutes of play is pretty incredible, just shows how close these teams are.

Also - people above bagging Delly don't actually understand basketball at all, not worth responding to.

Reply #589608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't appreciate dellys ability to sit on a bench and watch the cavs improve massively without him on the floor anymore = haters

Reply #589613 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Anon, in some ways Delly deserves this ring more than anyone else.

He got there, dragged himself into the position where he got to watch that incredible game from the best seat, got himself a championship ring, and got to join in the celebrations as one of the team where conventional basketball wisdom suggested he was too slow, too unathletic, too talentless and too offensively limited.

He has stared down every critic and mocker. He has exceeded most anyone's expectations for his basketball career. And now he is laughing his ass off at his critics right now, including you, and you are the one with egg on face not to realise it.

He doesn't need to impress you. He is a champion in more ways than one, regardless of your irrelevant views.

Reply #589616 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

According to ESPN, LeBron lead the Finals series in ...

Assists
Steals
Blocks

First player in ANY series to do that.

That is beyond epic. I am fully in the MJ is GOAT camp, but LeBron has etched his mark as the only real challenger to the crown.

Magic now says LeBron is top 5 all time. I think he is a smaller group at the top than that.

Reply #589617 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

This is what Delly is about and why he earned his ring.

Reply #589624 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Bogut also sat out last years NBA finals. Do you have anything to say about that Anonymous?

Reply #589628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im a different anon, of course Delly deserved his ring, every player on that Cavs team did. Im a massive Warriors fan, and to be honest, I feel like, as much as I tried to deny it, cracks were slowly showing towards the end of the season. Losses to the Celtics and the T-Wolves AT HOME was not cool, and in a way I do now wonder if the 'Bulls record' did get in a way of the true big picture.

The Finals has so many different storylines that unfold its crazy. For me, not closing out the Rockets in 4 was a cloud for the rest of the run. Curry getting injured in that 'extra' game instead of sweeping and resting, was key. They seem to have a young team mentality about them, in a sense that they would get distracted very easily from the task at hand. If Curry doesn't get injured, because they take care of business, its perhaps a smoother ride to back to back. Instead they really brought themselves back to the pack. The there was the first 3 minutes at Cleveland in Game 3, just not locked in at all. Well done Cavs, BUT man the Warriors only have themselves to blame, 3-1 up still, and somehow they grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory. Also no mention of Blatt is weird for mine, and Irving was the true game breaker in Game 7, ignited the lead after half time, and made the biggest shot of his career with 54 seconds left. Now Ill just pray for LBJ's wrist and get ready for the Summer League haha

Reply #589629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And to anon who is always bagging the crap out of Delly, way h that clip and THAT is the difference between you and Mathew dellavadova in a nut shell,

He has the ability to do something g you will never understand

Reply #589630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did you just compare bogut to delly? I hope you realise how stupid you are

Delly = Adam Morrison. Got damn lucky to be on a team with an absolute superstar and to have to do nothing to grab a ring

Reply #589632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Almost waived in 2013 on a team without lebron. Then lebron came back and brought all his mates with him and got them max contracts. Then when no other team wanted him he manages to sign the absolute minimum contract he possibly could. Then worked his arse off to score 7(!) points a game and be proclaimed a good basketball player. He also luckily survived being hospitalised playing two whole games of basketball in a row! Then he got lucky that a no name company wanted an in to Australia but couldn't afford Simmons or probably any other decent player. Then manages to watch the finals courtside. He's a lucky guy. But in the NBA he's a bum.

Can't wait for "he's better than you" comments. No shit. "You're just a hater" nah mate not blinded by the fact he's Australian. 7 points off the bench? whatever will the cavs do when they don't sign him this offseason.

Reply #589634 | Report this post

YOU  
Years ago

I love threads where the fact someone being in the NBA makes them untouchable. Like noone on here has trashed LeBron or Steph these finals...

Reply #589635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Internet warriors, turning this thread into a bashing session. Simply who gives a fuck about Delly's worthy ness or not, he has a ring! This should be a thread more so focused on the teams the Game 7 etc etc but a few guys who have played when they were younger have to bag one individual. He didn't even get on, so why make a big thing either way about him. Weak folks come here to relive the better days I think.

Reply #589637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly to Philly me thinks...

Reply #589645 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Why has this turned into a thread about Delly?

I'm lost for words on Lebron..1-3 down against a 73-9 regular season team, heading to Oracle fortress..he has 41...goes for another 41..then has a triple double today

The stat about LBJ leading every category is absolutely ridicolous and solidifies him as a great

An unbelievable storyline..i didn't give them a hope in hell when they were down 1-3 but Lebron always had that sense of belief and never once had a defeatist look on his face.

Curry is ridicolously overhyped and he showed that this series. More turnovers than assists, ill advised shots, foul trouble (funny he complains..he doesn't slide his feet and has a habit of hand checking badly). They looked better when he was on the bench..just my opinion. Currys a great player but theres absolutely no question LBJ is the best player in the world..anyone who thinks otherwise knows nothing about basketball.

Reply #589649 | Report this post

TalkingHoops365  
Years ago

Totally agreed Macdub

LeBron WOW just WOW, how the hell did he pull this series win off!

Reply #589650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warriors looked better with Curry on the bench... you've lost me. LBJ was simply incredible, but to bash a guy who was deservedly the unanimous MVP made the game fun and won, ALOT, because he was defended perfectly by a great team is naïve.

Reply #589658 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Tyronn Lue has to be the worst coach to win a ring surely? The Knicks curse also continues.

Cavs scraped by and got a little lucky in the end. Good game though and glad to see the Warriors pay for going after a record first

Reply #589668 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

On another note, the post game presentations, WTF?

Living legend and the man the MVP trophy is named after, Bill Russell was left standing like a starved bottle of milk while the commissioners swooned over LBJ, that was very poor indeed...

I expect there will be some apology by the NBA to Sir Bill after that poor showing of disrespect and neglect!

Reply #589671 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

It's nothing new to Bill though unfortunately

Reply #589675 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/us-sports/stephen-curry-had-the-worst-nba-finals-performance-by-an-mvp-in-history-scoring-fg-percentage/news-story/4899cc0b7169c4a0acb14c5cf5b59fb2

Harsh, but fair.

Reply #589677 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From the highlights I saw, Curry looked pretty casual and reckless. Warriors should've played their small-ball line-up and Kerr should've ripped Curry for his approach when things were on the line.

Reply #589690 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Curry has said that he shouldn't have settled for the last 3 that he put up. Was more of an open shot than what Kyrie had though. It's only a bad shot if you don't make it I guess.

Reply #589692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Boguts value is down played a bit. Not only does he offer paint and rim protection, but the offense is run through him with his great passing ability.

Reply #589701 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Given the way the Warriors struggled against the tough and physical Cavs defence, I think I now agree with the oldies who reckon the Bulls had to fight so much harder to achieve their record.
On that basis, I'd say the Bulls would beat the Warriors in a fantasy game between the two.

Reply #589714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

my my my how the nba engineered a win for lebron. phantom calls everywhere on the warriors.

Reply #590126 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

So, the NBA also engineered it so that the Warriors missed key shots at the end of the game did they anon?

Reply #590164 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:42 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754