Isaac
Years ago

76ers will take Ben Simmons with first pick

Chris Haynes on Twitter:

This morning Philadelphia 76ers informed camp of Ben Simmons he would be taken No. 1 in NBA Draft, league sources tell @clevelanddotcom."
Simmons put a photo of himself training in a Philadelphia uniform on Instagram with "Trust the process", a bit of a Hinkie-era catchphrase.

Topic #39525 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

An interesting write up on Aussies in the NBA on ESPN today too:

http://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/16374435/top-nba-draft-prospect-ben-simmons-continuing-tradition-players-australia-new-zealand

Reply #589720 | Report this post

Farrison Hord  
Years ago

No brainer for Philly.

About time they made the commitment official.

Reply #589722 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Now just put your head down and get on with it Ben !

Reply #589728 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Agreed Master Chief. Get to work on that jump shot Ben! :)

Reply #589730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone said they will play him at pg, with I guess Covington, Noel and okafor in the frontcourt.

Reply #589731 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

Exciting times ahead for Philly. I really hope they can trade Okafor to get a starter-quality wing in this draft as well

Reply #589733 | Report this post

Farrison Hord  
Years ago

Latest i've read is Philly send Okafor, Covington and Stauskas to Boston in exchange for Marcus Smart & the #3 pick.

Works for both parties i believe.

Reply #589734 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

All the best to Ben. Now hopefully the Lakers don't pull one of their draft day brain farts and they take Ingram and it'll be a great result all round

Reply #589735 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

@Farrison Hord - I haven't come across that one yet... it'd be awesome if it did

Reply #589737 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Okafor should be the one they trade. They're in a half-decent position considering.

Hopefully we get to see Embiid actually play a bit.

Reply #589740 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

"Hopefully we get to see Embiid actually play a bit."

Hope so to. They say that the sports scientist from the AIS that's now on staff at the sixers is world class...if anyone could get Embiid back on the floor & producing it'd be him. Really hoping they can get some awesome years out of him like GSW did with Bogut by being savy with the science.

Reply #589741 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I think Okafor to Boston is a strong possibility. I'd be surprised if Smart was included though, as my understanding was that Philly wants the 3rd pick to draft Kris Dunn. No point doing that and taking on Smart too!

Hopefully Philly isn't stupid enough to try to make Simmons a full-time PG either! He's like Lebron, he can make plays, but you don't want him expending all his energy bringing the ball up all the time.

I think if Philly picks up both Simmons and Dunn, they are set, especially if Embiid lives up to his hype from a couple of years ago!

Reply #589745 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

IMO, Buddy Hield is the best player in the draft. Simmons has the most potential/upside though.

Hield's shooting splits last year at Oklahoma are absolutely outrageous.

Whoever gets pick number 3..if Hield is still on the table, they'd be stupid not to go for him.

Reply #589746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will be interesting to see how many Aussie 76ers fans jump on board.
I've been a Sixers fan for many years so lets hope Simmons and the Sixers can have some success as its been some time.

With Embiid and Simmons next year its essentially 2 number 1 picks as Embiid was projected No 1 until his foot.

Reply #589749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Strong feeling delly goes to Philly as a backup.

I'm also thinking they pick up broekhoff as a 3 and d guy.

Reply #589760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am just glad Ben isn't going to the Lakers I don't know if I could stand an aussie on the team I dislike the most.

Reply #589761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Almost certain delly will go to Philly

A good team wouldn't want him after the finals he had

Reply #589763 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

nbadraft.net Mock Draft: http://www.nbadraft.net/2016mock_draft

Reply #589766 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:12 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754