Isaac
Years ago

NBA Championship Odds for 2016/17

Always so soon, but interesting to see what bookies think might happen, who could improve, who could slide, etc. Boston look on the up. Warriors in a position to re-tool, but I wonder if they could fracture somewhat?

Golden State Warriors 3.50
Cleveland Cavaliers 4.00
San Antonio Spurs 7.00
Oklahoma City Thunder 8.00
Boston Celtics 17.00
Los Angeles Clippers 17.00
Miami Heat 26.00
Toronto Raptors 26.00
Houston Rockets 41.00
Portland Trail Blazers 41.00

Topic #39526 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

Good money on OKC. Would have thought they would be shorter ($5 - $6), considering just how close they were.

Reply #589726 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Ah i know why - KDs contract situation.

Reply #589727 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The numbers might also be factoring in the chance of Durant going to the Warriors. You can imagine GSW will be very active.

Reply #589739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What if Lebron leaves Cleveland too?

Too early to make a call. If Warriors happen to grab Durant then you have to say they're clear favourites. Doubt Nowitzki is going there too.

Reply #589756 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

There's zero chance Durant goes to Golden State imo. Just doesn't make any real sense, for either of them. Golden State will be in the market but not for a fish that big.

Durant will re-sign at OKC for 1 with an option.

Reply #589757 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

I'm more worried about the rumour of Carmelo going to the Cavs.

Similar issue to Durant going to Warriors - will there be enough ball and minutes for the studs moving into already-successful teams?

Reply #589759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Four max contracts on the Cavs, you do realise there's a salary cap don't you

Reply #589764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love trade?

Reply #589765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they had lost the finals I would say yes, but not so much now. Plus carmelo is incredibly ball dominant which is never gonna work with lebron and Kyrie.

Reply #589767 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Knicks won't trade Melo unless they are getting some solid pieces back or a one year contract, and they have a chance at signing Durant. Just won't happen as much as I'd love it to.

Dirk isn't leaving Dallas. Doesn't make sense.

I think Durant has to leave OKC. With Westbrook there he will never get a ring. Durant to NYC or Warriors I think is probably the likely situation, but you never know.

Reply #589770 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:00 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754