Anonymous
Years ago

Delly to get $53 mil contract?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/cleveland-cavaliers-nba-title-winner-matthew-dellavedova-could-be-in-for-53-million-payday-gets-praised-by-lebron-james/news-story/34eb1c1d4ee7b6f0fd99254b9c2195ee

Topic #39536 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

So far I've heard delly to Philly, Houston, Detroit and Milwaukee.
10 Mil a season... Unbelievable!

Reply #589791 | Report this post

TimeTravelingGoat  
Years ago

Will be able to afford plenty of Corona stubbies with that contract.

Reply #589793 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

He could buy like, every NBL team!

Reply #589794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonder what the turkey who's always heaping crap on Delly has to say now

This from Lebron James himself
""He damn near gave his life last year in the finals when he went to the hospital.

“That's a guy who is dedicated, who never cared about guys saying that Delly is not fast enough, Delly is not strong enough, Delly can’t shoot it well enough, Delly is not an NBA player.

“Well guess what? Delly is a champion."

Sucks to be you right now doesn't it
He's proven he's worthy of the NBA in more ways than one.

Reply #589802 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Delly's an upgrade on Blake at Detroit, but $10m is a lot of coin even with the increased cap

Reply #589808 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

$10 mil does seem a little steep for a guy that didn't get any minutes in the last two games, and few at all during the finals.

Seems to me that the guy's minutes went down after Blatt left & not sure why. His +/-, 3pt% and Assist/Turnover % were all really good.

I think the guy has a genuine role to play 10-15 mins a game & should be paid accordingly - maybe not $10mil though :)

Reply #589813 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He played plenty through the season and playoffs, he just didn't fit their game plan of challenging GSW's defence with speed and multiple options.

Last year he was a perfect fit for their physical plan against the Warriors without key players, while Bogut didn't fit Kerr's small ball response.

Bogey was critical to them this year though because they needed rim protection against the Cavs' penetration. Funny how things can change, but not a reflection on the quality of player.

Reply #589815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah true. Harrison Barnes did nothing this playoffs but will get a max from someone. Milwaukee have a track record of stupid free agent decisions so let them spend $14m on a bench player. Not like they have any max players to spend it on anyway

Reply #589816 | Report this post

2.5 points and 1.5 assists per game. The difference between the minimum and $14 million.

Reply #589817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Dellavedova is in an interesting situation with his free agency. He had career highs averages across the board in the regular season: 7.5 points, 4.4 assists, and 2.1 rebounds per game, along with shooting 41 per cent from behind the arc. Yet in the Finals he had 2.7 points and 1.0 assist per game, while shooting an unenviable 16.7 per cent from behind the three-point line. On the defensive end, Dellavedova's signature tenacity didn’t translate to results, with the Cavaliers being outscored by 55 points in the 46 minutes he was on the floor."

Rough Finals for the lad. For a 3 and D player his 3 and D-ing wasn't that good at all. I do think that will affect his pocket. Being benched for Dahntay Jones is always going to hurt. I doubt he will get anywhere near what is being mentioned, and I'm genuinely surprised his name is coming up next to these figures when better players like Austin Rivers and Jeremy Lin are available.

Will he get paid? Yes. Will it be more than $10 million? I doubt it.

Reply #589823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Houston needs shooters and a wing stud to help Harden out. Delly is a terrible fit. He is Beverley number 2.

Reply #589827 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

$5-7m a season for Delly seems to be about right IMO.

Detroit would be fun, linking up with Baynes but also Drummond. PnR, alley-oop central.

Reply #589831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He ran a great pick and roll game with Richard Jefferson and Lebron when he had the chance to. While he's not a massive upgrade over Steve Blake, he's 10 years younger and would take over the back up pg role without question

Reply #589833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly>Austin Rivers

That comparison is a joke

Reply #589834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Austin rivers, the guy who scored 20+ on Dame with one eye shut, or delly, the guy who can't score in the paint and was benched for Dahntay jones.

Your Aussie bias is showing

Reply #589835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If I had to pick one of delly or Austin rivers I'd probably just play with four

Reply #589836 | Report this post

Aussie Hoops  
Years ago

I think Milwaukee would also be a good fit with Giannis playing the point next season.

Reply #589837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Milwaukee already has a poor shooting decent passing back up point gaurd in MCW if they go that route

Reply #589839 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Please Knicks, make this happen. He is exactly the kind of player they need to help fix the dynamic that is lacking there.

Reply #589845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They'll need a decent point gaurd to back up old man rose. Can't see it happening

Reply #589962 | Report this post

TimeTravelingGoat  
Years ago

This guy.

http://cdn.fairfaxregional.com.au/silverstone-feed-data/69923aa8-f448-44c1-b87a-3539543901c9.jpg

Reply #589989 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:08 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754