Bear
Years ago

2016 NBA Draft thread

Here we go, all eyes on Ben Simmons touted to go No.1 to the 76'ers, can we all get a little excited to have another Aussie in the NBA?

I predict this to be the start of a bit of a golden era for Australian basketball, it begins today, but what about all the other franchises out there, what do people think...?

Topic #39540 | Report this topic

Young Gun  
Years ago

I'm still hoping that Philly can make a trade so they can pick up Heild or Dunn as well

Reply #589850 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

Nice! Simmons to Philly is official

Reply #589851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newest rumour is ariza and Beverley to Philly for Noel. That'll save philli 53 million over four seasons...

Reply #589852 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I am very interested in who the Timberwolves will select at No.5, because they probably have one of the most talented young rosters I have seen for a while.

Could they select the high scoring guard Buddy Heild?

That would be something...

Reply #589855 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Can't believe the ESPN crew are challenging Thon Maker's age, like WTF, is there any other player they can mention who comes from Africa or wherever that looks like they are big for their age?

Stick to the draft and stop speculating about birthdays guys...

Reply #589856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

see my league pass won't show it unless i have NBATV with it.. any other way to watch it?

Reply #589857 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Foxtel Go, works great!

Reply #589859 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Time and again the draft proves how valuable big players with size, skill and potential are to NBA franchises. First four selected proves that the much speculated NBA transition into a 'small ball' future theory is just a myth!

Reply #589861 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Chicago were in talks to send Butler to Minnesota, but wanted LaVine in part in return.

Reply #589862 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Timberwolves go for Dunn, a great defending guard instead of the high scoring Hield, wow!

Reply #589863 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

T-Wolves have a great young core. Dunn seems to have his head screwed on right.

Reply #589864 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Centre Jakob Poeltl still available, I predict he may go to the Bucks, reason is the Kings and Raptors already have plenty of size...

Some really good guards just picked up, how good is that first five, wow some talent there!

Reply #589867 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wouldn't Hield double up on LaVine? They're offloading Rubio. Stein says they're still trying to get Butler - I would!

Reply #589868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wolves.. Building a nice squad

Dunn/Rubio/Jones
Lavine/
Wiggins/Muhamed
Payne/
Towns/Pekovic/Dieng

Reply #589869 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

They jusy announced a deal between Kings and Suns so Pheonix winds up with Chriss, they are looking for size and power there.

Well, Raptors trumped me, they selected Poeltl, good for him!

Reply #589873 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Rumour is Bucks are drafting Maker at 10!!!

Reply #589874 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Careful making predictions, there is always some anon idiot ready to pounce with their 2 cents worth.

Reply #589875 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

@Isaac, I think Hield is more of a shooter while LaVine is a spectacular slasher and gets to the rim a bit more. I would love them both on that roster but probably won't happen.

Wow, Maker goes 10 to the Bucks, well they at least went for that big player I was thinking they would go for...

Two Aussies in top 10??

Reply #589876 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Thon at 10?!!! Didn't expect that one.

Fast-track into the Boomers?

Reply #589877 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Another rumour :)
Ibaka traded to the Magic!!!
Orlando will send Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and rights to Sabonis

Reply #589880 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

OKC looking for another player to initiate the offense in Oladipo.

Reply #589882 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Love that Sabonis kid, just an old style power forward and strong inside presence that will always pay off, wish him well and look forward to seeing his basketball career flourish...

The big players continue to dominate early draft selections, loving that too!

Reply #589883 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Trade news, Sabonis going to OKC to back up Adams inside the paint, wow...

Reply #589886 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Trade news, Sabonis going to OKC to back up Adams inside the paint, wow...

Reply #589887 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Before the anons start trolling, I was taking the piss. I think it will be a while before Thon is ready for the Boomers, no matter how high he's picked in the draft.

Now, if only Venky Jois can get drafted and Ryan Broekhoff get signed and I will REALLY be happy with the Aussie presence in the NBA next season!

Reply #589889 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Skal dropping hard..

Reply #589895 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Yeah I don't think anyone expected Thon to go 15-20 picks higher then Skal.

Reply #589898 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I can see Skal wearing a Spurs uniform...

Reply #589899 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I can see Skal wearing a Spurs uniform...

Reply #589900 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Bugger, missed him by one, again!

Reply #589902 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Pretty happy with the Lakers work on draft day for once. Definitely wanted Ingram and Zubac looks like he could be a steal in the 2nd round. Euro 7 footer that Draft Express had going in the top 16 in the 1st round. An area that needed strengthening and hopefully he works out

Reply #589904 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Zhou Qi to the Rockets, looking for that Ming/Lin connection again.

Reply #589905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will the T Wolves have deja vu in taking Dunn over Hield like when they took Rubio (not even going to mention Flynn) over Curry. I would have thought Buddys shooting could have taken some pressure off KAT and Wiggins, Rubio not great but still serviceable at the point but what will they get in return for him as it looks like they will have to trade him now to make room for Dunn.
And apparently the Bulls were interested in trading Butler for the 5th pick but wanted Lavine thrown in, would have thought it a slam dunk for the T wolves to pick up a guaranteed young star for just potential, plus Thibs would have loved to have had him back.

Reply #589908 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

And with that, its all over.

Reply #589913 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

I think you might have that the wrong way around anon, I think it was Minny who was very keen on trading for Butler, but Chicago ultimately wouldn't come to the table. Minny took Dunn thinking that was the best way of getting Butler out of Chicago, given the Bulls were supposedly big on Dunn.

It might still happen, with Lavine thrown in. Personally I'd rather see them keep Dunn and Lavine and trade Rubio.

Reply #589915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't chicago shoot down the trade because they offered Dunn and Rubio and not Lavine? Offering just Rubio now would get the Wolves laughed out of the room.

Reply #589918 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

I've since read that as well, but most of what I've read said the trade centred around Lavine, so not sure.

Reply #589920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I still think Minnesota should have taken buddy to spread the court, no other shooters on the roster and it could make up for rubios shooting woes and he would stop the double teams on Wiggins and kat. Going to be red faced if he's curry 2.0

Reply #589923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great read, posted by Pick & Roll:

http://pickandroll.com.au/us-college-basketball-best-four-years-life/

Reply #590121 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:17 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754