Isaac
Years ago

OKC trade Ibaka to Magic for Oladipo, etc

The Oklahoma City Thunder have reached agreement on a trade to send forward Serge Ibaka to the Orlando Magic for Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and the draft rights to Domantas Sabonis, league sources told The Vertical.

With his range and shot-blocking, Ibaka became a key member of the Thunder's core alongside Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook. He helped Oklahoma City reach the NBA Finals in 2012 and make the Western Conference finals three other years.
Source

Interesting move to trade Ibaka when his stock is down?

Topic #39543 | Report this topic

mystro  
Years ago

I guess they want to show Durant that they will put the right pieces around him for a title so he will re-sign

Reply #589903 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

I love this move for OKC. Not only do they get Oladipo, but Sabonis looks like he could play now and develop into a handy player. Plus they free up cap space.

I agree with the fact that Presti seems to be sending a message to KD and Westbrook that he's prepared to make moves to make the team better.

I doubt it's their last move this off-season either. I wouldn't be surprised if they now move Payne for a four-man.

Reply #589911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oli is a stud .Great trade for the Thunder

Reply #589924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Orlando already tanking

Reply #589928 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:32 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754