Anonymous
Years ago

NBL rumours

Its been a quite last few weeks and I'm in need of some fresh NBL rumours. Share what you know :)

Topic #39552 | Report this topic

RMQ  
Years ago

Terrance Ferguson (high school grad import skipping college) was linked to Adelaide, but an announcement never came.

Reply #589983 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Casey Prather is asking around looking for a gig.

Reply #589984 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Rotnei Clarke is in talks to return to Illawarra apparently.

Reply #589987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Conklin about to make his debut in ufc.

Reply #589988 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Whats the story with ferguson its gone very quite!

Reply #589990 | Report this post

TimeTravelingGoat  
Years ago

Cam Tragardh to rock a man bun.

Reply #589991 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti mentioned Maric linked to Sydney and that Andersen might stay in Europe after all rather than go to Melbourne.

Reply #589993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gaze mentioned that the kings are in negotiations with a couple of aussie players with announcements shortly I think Maric will be one. Apparently David Anderson will be staying in Europe after his strong finish to the season according to Boti. Surely if Casey comes back to the NBL it will be with Perth but the Perth import situation will be interesting surely they won't want to go with 3 unproven guys next season should Beal not come back either.

Reply #589995 | Report this post

Watto  
Years ago

Mike Dunigan to return to Perth

Reply #589996 | Report this post

kingpodge  
Years ago

DUNNIGAN!!!!!!

Reply #590000 | Report this post

TimeTravelingGoat  
Years ago

Brad Newley to have a large forehead

Reply #590004 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yeah the Ferguson signing really faded out, same with the Rotnei one, despite how absolutely sure the local paper sounded in their article...

Cam Bairstow apparently is heading back home after his big college alumni game, I wonder what teams will be chasing him hard?

Reply #590006 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Why do people seem so concerned about the delay with TF ?

Boti has included him whenever he runs through an updated playing list in a couple of articles now. And that's after the "close to signing" article.

We see this so much in the NBL, so unless the TF camp has backflipped ( which you'd think Boti would also report on), i would think it's still likely.

Reply #590009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he would've signed by now if it was going to happen. Sign with a Euro out clause or whatever he is keen to stay available for. Im sure Joey is in the States right now, focussed and looking for great import options hah.

Reply #590016 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

I dare say he's signed. There's a difference between being signed and not being announced.

Reply #590020 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

I keep reading stuff saying that he could become eligible to play thats why im eager to know if his signed or not. Strange no Rotnei announcement yet?

Reply #590031 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

"Boti has included him whenever he runs through an updated playing list in a couple of articles now."

He has been including David Andersen in Melb United's team too who is now according to him going to stay in France so don't go banking on the Ferguson rumour as always wait until it becomes official.

Reply #590034 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

The thing with Ferguson was that did Boti ever say that he HAD been signed, or that he was being chased? There's usually a significant difference between Boti saying lock him in like he did with Bubbles and United, and what he's been saying about Ferguson and even Anderson, yes?

Reply #590039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get this clear - Ferguson HAS signed, his deal cannot be announced officially as he has not yet been granted a ViSA, people are so impatient here, it is pathetic, things take time. FYI I work closely with 36ers management. In a month it will bw announced it is 100% confirmed and will be announced in july.

Reply #590041 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

^Thankyou

Reply #590043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A good agent wouldn't comment.

Reply #590045 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

lol jeez people are a bit sensitive on the internets! Not ALL of us work closely with any teams management, so we're well within our rights to query and discuss it, on a discussion forum, so unbunch yourself...

If what you say is true (when has an anon ever steered us wrong?) then great, it's the confirmation that people on here were after and the 36ers fans can sit back and enjoy their off season :)

Reply #590060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its not pathetic at all, this is the exact place where folks who pay the $$ to see the team play, come and discuss. If you are getting frustrated with the impatient fans, go and work closely alongside a Soccer team in the premier league, or an NBA fanbase. Fan discussion comes with the territory. If he has signed great, but until official fans will comment. And its discussion, not pathetic. Understand what the forum is for.

Reply #590061 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Prather is playing for the Dalllas Mavs in Summer League, not sure if it is Orlando, Vegas or both.

https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/747442931540320257

Reply #590127 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Good for Prather. His success benefits the NBL.

He's been off the NBA radar for a while. Hopefully he can make a splash!

Reply #590129 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Awesome Aussieballer, thanks for update! Who knows could be the next NBL alum to make the league

Reply #590130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well I can guarantee Mr. Ferguson will be in the Red, Blue and Gold of the 36er's this year. So whether or not you believe me doesn't matter, just makes you look silly when the official announcement is released in July.

Reply #590134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well I can guarantee Mr. Ferguson will be in the Red, Blue and Gold of the 36er's this year. So whether or not you believe me doesn't matter, just makes you look silly when the official announcement is released in July.

Reply #590135 | Report this post

TimeTravelingGoat  
Years ago

I'm glad a anon poster on the internet who 'works closely with 36ers management' confirmed the Ferguson signing.

The anon also called NBL off season discussion pathetic.

What should we be doing? Talking about the 36ers 20 pt loss to New Zealand in round 18 last season over and over again?

These deals fall through all the time, other offers come through, minds can be changed. Speculation about why the deal hasn't been officially announced is not in any way pathetic.

Reply #590136 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Anyone doubting what an anon says as silly considering what stuff they come up with regularly... your post makes for some clarity if true which is great and adds to the discussion... you're not their social media person are you? You've got the same feeling of something not being quite right about you as some of their posts have...

Reply #590138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hah Im not the only one who finds the social media stuff really weird sometimes. Ive unfollowed the 36ers, nothing to see.

Reply #590186 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Anyone got any rumours about the Cats?
Anything?
Anyone?

At this point in time we basically don't have a team...
We've obviously lost Jawai, and Prather looks almost certain.
Seems to me we're pinning a lot of hopes on finding 3 gems in the summer league.

Reply #590211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah your not getting Beal back.

Reply #590284 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I am getting annoyed with 36er management for not confirming Ferguson. If he has signed, there is no reason we shouldn't know. It is not like he is playing in Europe and waiting for that deal to end.

Reply #590306 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I genuinely have no idea, but he did commit to college, would have have to wait for anything to go through regarding that before he could sign on as a pro, so no NCAA rules were broken? Only real excuse i could think of.

Reply #590310 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

If he's turning pro it doesn't matter what the NCAA or the college team he committed to think about anything. The fact he's been negotiating with a pro team in all likelihood means he has an agent and thus ineligible for college anyway.

Reply #590311 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I asked Boti about it today. He just said "Patience".

The deal has either happened, or will happen. It is not dead in the water I can surmise from that response.

Reply #590331 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:07 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754