Anonymous
Years ago

Will Sydney Kings make finals?

What do you think their chances are?

Topic #39554 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very good, they in my 4 along with United and Perth, I cant tell who will round it out yet, but sorry 36er fans wont be Adelaide this season. I think they are on the slide, perhaps a sneaky is Brisbane or The Gong if they can bring back Rotnei Clarke as many suspect.

Reply #590015 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Too unpredictable this next season.. NZ and Melb should be in the mix, Perth too once imports are sorted you'd expect..

After that anyone could go 4..

Reply #590018 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I'm a Kings fan and love the moves they've made and even I can't tip them to make the top 4, this season is just as unpredictable as the last at this time of the season... They've given themselves a MUCH better chance, both on and off the court, that much can be certain though...

Reply #590040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe yes, maybe no.

Reply #590046 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

They have a 4 in 8 chance

Reply #590050 | Report this post

Lobo  
Years ago

The Kings have always been talked about making the finals in the preseason... Then the real basketball season starts and as they have in the past they Violently Crumble!

They past couple years they haven't played a full season with Heart, Toughness, Passion and more importantly DEFENCE and with the new coaching staff who themselves back in their playing days never played "D" I'm not confident that mindset will change.

IMO Lisch will be the only player that will play the D every game and he alone will not get the team to the finals.

Reply #590063 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

Who can say which teams will make the finals at this point in time?

As I understand it, there are currently three confirmed import signings between ALL of the teams for next season. (Jerome Randle, Torrey Craig and Cedric Jackson, with Tai Wesley at MU as an Asian import, which I think is correct.)

At any rate, there are no teams with a full roster, and only Melbourne have a starting line-up in place (assuming Tai Wesley will start).

If Sydney's starting line-up is Cadee, Lisch, Newley, Garlepp and Khazzouh.... no, they will not make the top four. They'd be lucky to finish last with that starting 5.

Reply #590084 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

For what it's worth, it's being talked already about Cadee coming off the bench with Lisch starting at the point...

Agree with the lack of D still being a huge problem but with imports and hopefully a few more key players to sign, hopefully Kev will be able to set the tone and the expectation... Newls wouldn't be slack at that end either I don't think...

Reply #590137 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:39 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754