Anonymous
Years ago

Terrance Ferguson to 36ers is official

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/16643333/terrance-ferguson-enroll-arizona-wildcats-heading-overseas-pros

Includes comment from Arizona coach wishing him well.

Still no confirmation on his destination - coming soon?

Topic #39568 | Report this topic

Master Chief  
Years ago

Its Adelaide !

Reply #590377 | Report this post

Dr6  
Years ago

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/2016-6-30-terrance-ferguson-arizona-australia-basketball/

Reply #590382 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

I like this kid. Very interesting.

Approached by the Sixers at the Nike Hoops Summit. TF and Randle going to be a problem!

Love this kids mindset!

Reply #590383 | Report this post

Just Very Old  
Years ago

Just imagine how good he would have been with 3 years of Marty coaching him. marcus C needs to start a petition to get Marty back.

yes I know its trolling, and I should let it go ..... but

In any case I wish the kid all the best.

Reply #590390 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Sounds like a good kid. The article does kind of make it sound like he thinks he is getting paid more than we think he is getting paid?

Reply #590391 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

"TERRANCE FERGUSON
GUARD / ADELAIDE 36ERS"

well, that'd do it!

Reply #590393 | Report this post

Farrison Hord  
Years ago

Guess we will find out soon how committed to the cause he is very soon.

Be interesting to see if he keeps his nose out of trouble.

Reply #590395 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

http://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/adelaide-36ers-sign-star-us-highschooler-terrance-ferguson/news-story/663d98b402545a6e1b77a4b5bfc3ca26

Reply #590401 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/terrance-ferguson

Reply #590403 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

It's Adelaide; how much trouble could his nose get into?

Reply #590404 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Don't think TF would be on #LischMoney but He'd be on something substantial.

It's similar to Ennis - he wanted to take care of his family immediately. TF coming straight out of high school could see NBL dollars as a great for one year before signing a significant contract in the NBA.

Reply #590405 | Report this post

Larry  
Years ago

with jerome and terrance - I am definitely getting to games this season. Looks awesome

Reply #590409 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

This could go either way. He has the athleticism, dunking power and outside shot to terrorise the league. He's also young and slim enough that he could be frustrated out of his game, struggle with officiating, etc. Free roller coaster rides with every 36ers season ticket...

Reply #590413 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Dunno how much trouble he will get into, sounds like he is bringing his family with him.

Reply #590419 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Great exposure for the league to be sure and there will be a lot of benefits for him playing down here too, but I hope people keep in mind that it's a HUGE step up from high school, hell, it's a big step up from college to play with grown men in a tough league, plus he's still built like a kid... Hopefully expectations are managed and he's able to come out and do well...

Reply #590421 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

No doubt opposing teams will want to try to bang bodies with TF and put him off with a very physical game.

That said, at 6'7 he has the length to worry any opposition guards in the league and has good range out to well past the NBA three point line.

I am a little worried from the footage that his release is not super quick, so he might get hurried up a bit in contested shots. I also think he will struggle at least initially putting the ball on the floor and driving into defences. But he looks like he will be electric on the fast break and will no doubt provide some highlights.

So looking forward to this year, the combo of Randle and TF will be something to see as I think they will complement each other perfectly.

Reply #590423 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

You'd think teams will have to respect his shot at least which only helps Randle and the bigs ans his length should be handy defensively next to Randle.

As a shooting guard he doesn't necessarily have to be built big...especially with his athleticism and length.

Other SG's in the league so far;
BRIS:
+ Gibson
+ Bruce

TAIPANS:
+ Heuir
+ Weeks
+ McCarron
+ Gliddon

HAWKS:
+ Martin

UNITED:
+ Goulding
+ Tomlinson
+ Igor
+ Jackson

BREAKERS:
+ Ili
+ Penney
+ Webster
+ Woodside

WILDCATS:
+ Martin
+ Kenny

KINGS:
+ Lisch
+ Cadee

With Ferguson's combination of size, length and athleticism at the 2 I don't think too many in the above list will trouble him too much? Guards in the NBL are mostly big & slow or small and quick...he has the tools to combat either of those combinations.

I think the key will be to get him here as soon as possible and put him to work so he knows what he is in for and can adjust and get used to the speed and physicality.

I think his biggest concern is his maturity and whether or not players can get in his head and how he handles that...will he take on the challenge and thrive or will he self implode?

Reply #590428 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

I think it's too difficult to judge how an 18 year old will actually go in a Pro League far from his home. But i just want to make the point that if you could judge it on creativity and Pro-activeness, i would judge it a huge pass.

The club has done exceptionally well battling the big spenders by not doing so themselves. Instead, flying under the radar with all the young guns they've obtained.

Very impressive for a supposed cash strapped and 'hopelessly run' club to think a bit outside the square like they have.

Now, if Gladness is begging for another go, why is he not a no-brainer for the other spot ?

Reply #590430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No announcement by the Sixers on their website/ social media or press release. Only Joey sharing the theplayerstribune.com article. Again not on the ball when making big announcements, they should be shouting it from the roof tops to get peoples attention!

Reply #590432 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

^Agree, definitely a missed opportunity, its flying around facebook and twitter pages but not one mention from the 6ers

Reply #590435 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Probably because it's not official yet.

Reply #590446 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

NBL has just confirmed it with an article. He's a 6er. It's done.

Reply #590451 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

:hellyes:

Reply #590453 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Again not on the ball when making big announcements, they should be shouting it from the roof tops to get peoples attention!
How dare you question their social media! Remember the post recently where Mitch Creek cleaned the shower exhaust fan?

Reply #590456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#36ersfamily guys, c'mon.

Reply #590508 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

Very excited about seeing this unfold for Adelaide. Previously, US high school recruits have gone overseas and struggled moreso with the off-court things (which led to issues on-court). I think the NBL could be a great option for these guys (provided the sneaker companies prop up their salaries), with a similar culture/language and development-focused coaching.

Just hope Joey Wright doesn't screw this one up.

Reply #590558 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:48 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754