Isaac
Years ago

Cavs make qualifying offer to Delly, now RFA

The NBA champion Cavaliers have made a qualifying offer to popular backup point guard Matthew Dellavedova, which makes him a restricted free agent.

Dellavedova is expected to draw interest from other teams once free agency begins, and depending how much he's offered, the Cavs could face a tough decision on whether to re-sign him.

A 6-foot-4 guard, Dellavedova, 25, had a solid third season with Cleveland. He averaged 7.5 points and 4.4 assists in 24.6 minutes per game. However, his playing time dwindled during the NBA Finals, when coach Tyronn Lue gave more minutes to Mo Williams.
Source: ESPN

Topic #39573 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any idea how much the offer is? I'm guessing it's close to what he was already on?

Reply #590437 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

It's for $1.4 million. He made $1.1 million this past season. It's expected he'll get offers for $8 million a year and could get as high as $10-$12 million a year.

http://cavaliersnation.com/2016/07/01/cleveland-cavaliers-extend-qualifying-offer-matthew-dellavedova/

Reply #590440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope delly leaves for Detroit, Milwaukee or Philly.

1.4mil a year with Irving, Williams, Bron and now falder. Is he going to play much?
Vs
8-10 mil a year, multi year deal and probably guaranteed 15 mins or more playing time with other teams as backup.

Reply #590443 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

He'll get a lot more than $1.4 million even from the Cavs. This is just a formality of NBA contracts. I dare say if a team offers him $8m a year the Cavs will probably match it.

Reply #590444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Qualifying offers are a percentage above the contract they were already on isn't it?

I hope he goes to Detroit, if the bucks are planning on using Giannis as point gaurd you'd think Delly would slide in behind MCW on the depth chart. And no one would willingly go to Philly surely

Reply #590464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$1.4 mil up to maybe 5? (No idea what cap room the cavs have) and a ring, or 12 mil playing minutes on a 10-72 team, I know what I'd take

Reply #590466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The Sacramento Kings, Atlanta Hawks, Dallas Mavericks and Milwaukee Bucks have all reached out to the camp of the Australian backup point guard to gauge interest, league sources informed cleveland.com."

Reply #590472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lin just got $12m a year for three years. Delly is about to get Mozgov level overpaid

Reply #590475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4 years $38 million offer sheet signed with the bucks. $9.5m a year. For Matthew Dellavedova. Wow

Reply #590483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What ridiculous thing will Milwaukee do next? Giving Delly $10 million a year and signing a 23 year old man who couldn't dominate high schoolers not enough for them

Reply #590484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He and Thon will bring great veteran leadership to the Bucks

Reply #590486 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:01 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754