Tallinn, Estonia
Years ago

Andrew Bogut officially signed by Dallas Mavericks

The Dallas Mavericks announced today that they have acquired center Andrew Bogut along with a future second-round pick from the Golden State Warriors in exchange for a future conditional second-round pick.

http://www.mavs.com/mavericks-acquire-center-andrew-bogut-warriors/

Topic #39602 | Report this topic

Ricey  
Years ago

Who will start now out of Bogut, Barnes and Dirk? Solid 4/5 lineup.

Reply #590884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boguts a 5, Dirks a 4 and Barnes is a 3.

Reply #590885 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

As a Mavs fan I do like their line up. IMHO they could sneak into the top 4 after Spurs, GSW and LAC.

Bogut/Mejri
Nowitzki/Powell
Barnes/Anderson
Matthews/Harris
Williams/Barea

Starting lineup is solid, but the real strength is the depth!

Reply #590887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good move by Warriors. He wasn't reliable at crunch time.

Reply #590890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes terrible that he was injured.

Reply #590892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Made the Warriors 6 points better on defense last season. Hope he plays that well for Dallas

Reply #590900 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I'm not excited by that starting 5 at all. What I see are basically three good role players that would make nice pieces around a couple of All-Stars (Barnes/Matthews/Bogut), a mediocre PG (who is a FA I thought?), and an 38-year old former-great.

I'm not really seeing a ceiling above 7/8 seed, unless Barnes takes a gigantic step forward.

Reply #590905 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Angus your a clearly cheese in the brain:

Williams isnt what he used to, but i think fills the starting point nicely.
Matthews was injured last season and will hopefully return to his former self.
I see Barnes as much more than a contributer like he was on GSW, would not be surprised for him to average 15-20 easy.
Dirk will be dirk, will still get a consistent 16-18 a game from him, you're a joke if you think hes done.
Bogut will do Bogut stuff, and probably see an increase in scoring too.

Reply #590910 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Your a clearly cheese in the brain.....
Are you from another planet?

Reply #590912 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Welp, first time I've been called a cheese in the brain, I'll give you that much...

Williams hasn't been what he used to be for years now. In a league full of excellent PGs, he's mediocre. His career has been a nice karma kick in the butt ever since he pushed Sloan out of the league.

I like Matthews, Barnes, and Bogut. Like I said, great supporting pieces, but what are they supporting here? 38 year old Dirk? Carlisle is one of the best coaches in the league, but it's hard to see him being able to do much this year unless a couple of other Western teams really drop off... which is possible with what OKC and Houston have lost, but I think a couple of other teams could improve a great deal too (Minny, for one).

Reply #590916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Averaged 18 and 6 last season. At 38. Improved from the season before. What did Timmy D average? KG? Dirk can hold his own mate, he's not just making up numbers.

Agree on Deron though. Below average 14 and 6. Mavs should have chucked the same money they're paying him at Delly to come in with his super impressive 7 and 4.

Are they still All Stars in their prime? Not at all. Still capable players in this league? Yep

Reply #590918 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Not questioning whether Dirk can drop 16-18 PPG still, but the fact is that he's not the all-star that you surround with good role players at this point in his career. Timmy D and Garnett weren't playing that role at 38 either.

Reply #590920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are either of them doing anything at 38?

Reply #590922 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

15-10-3 for Duncan is nothing to scoff at?

Reply #590924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gasol to Spurs is interesting - Gasol at last in the team he was born for.

Reply #590927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man that ones on me. I'll cop the L

Reply #590928 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:31 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754