Anonymous
Years ago

BWB - what's the point when best were in Spain???

I don't get the hoo hah around the BWB that was held in VIC recently when the best talent was at Worlds in Spain - even the gushing quotes about playing against the best talent in the state. I guess technically that was correct as the they may have been amongst the best talent in the state while the national teams were in Spain at worlds, but won't it be embarrassing when we serve up 2nd tier players at global BWB?

Topic #39610 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

what do you think BASKETBALL WITHOUT BORDERS means?

Reply #591155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was BWB Asia, not BWB Australia. The focus wasnt Australian kids.

Reply #591166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So why would you hold it in Geelong?

Reply #591167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A little thing called government funding. A portion had to be held in a regional area

Reply #591174 | Report this post

Btimes2  
Years ago

The junior NBA wheelchair section of BWB was held in Geelong. The look on my 8 year olds face being able to participate and show NBA players how to play was priceless. It was about more than just showcasing talent.

Reply #591186 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Um, I think the point is what you have missed completely anon OP...

Reply #591218 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Um, I think the point is what you have missed completely anon OP...

Reply #591219 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:36 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754