7 time champs
Years ago

Casey Prather to resign with Perth

Great news if his back!

Topic #39620 | Report this topic

Smith  
Years ago

Great for the league. Not so much for my boy AJ Ogilvy...

Reply #591345 | Report this post

Ugly Igley  
Years ago

source?

Reply #591347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Source is David Pick on twitter so very reliable

Reply #591350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not surprised. He's not NBA material, if Ennis struggled to earn an NBA roster spot then Prather had practically zero chance. Prather probably cost himself a raise from Perth based on his poor Grand Finals, if I had to guess he's on similar money from last year. Someone else will be the big money man in Perth this year.

Reply #591359 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Rumblings of Wilbekin to Perth...

Thoughts?

Reply #591371 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

What were Prather's stats average for the Mavs at Summer League?

Reply #591372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure how Martin and Wilbekin could co-exist in Perth. If you play them together you have two PGs who can't shoot all that confidently. Two elite players, just not sure of the fit.

Reply #591373 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Wilbekin is supposed to go back to Turkey..

Reply #591381 | Report this post

Pallas 99  
Years ago

Wilbekin only has an NBA out clause in his contract

Reply #591387 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Aussie, not sure on his averages but i do remember he had one big game with 20 or so.

Reply #591389 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Prather has only played one game for the Mavs in the Vegas SL and scored 23 maybe he's injured? He hasn't played for them since.

He did play 4 earlier SL games with them in total he's averaging 11.6ppg 4.2rpg 1.6spg shooting 47% fg, 40% 3pts.

Reply #591392 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

@Zodiac Prather was on the Mavs' Orlando Summer League team, July 2-8 http://www.nba.com/summerleague/2016/players/sl_casey_prather/

Reply #591398 | Report this post

Ugly Igley  
Years ago

Article: https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/32055904/nba-hopeful-prather-set-for-wildcats-return/#page1

Reply #591401 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Need a boss center and a point guard, then its Lob City..

Reply #591409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do we need 3 point guards Ricky?

Reply #591414 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Another guard is fine.. not just a point i spose. Just someone with offensive firepower at the guard position.

For chemistry sake, would like to keep Beal in the hopes of him being better with consistency.

But two new imports along with Prather would be exciting..

Reply #591463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good get for perth based on last year and his summer league performances. Definitely think he could've carved out a role for himself in the NBA, maybe next year.

Reply #591464 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Prather has had his first season NBL adjustment, he comes back and takes off I reckon, possible league MVP candidate next season all going well!

Reply #591482 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Prather has had his first season NBL adjustment, he comes back and takes off I reckon, possible league MVP candidate next season all going well!

Reply #591483 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Great News for us, just hope he's happy and not too disappointed with being unable to secure his NBA dream.
He's always struck me as somebody well suited to his role in the NBL, but who would struggle in bigger leagues.
Great to have him back, without the adjustment period he should be firing from the start.

Any gun centres hanging around the Summer-League?

Reply #591493 | Report this post

Greeny  
Years ago

Looks like he has re-signed. Good news for Wildcats

Reply #591647 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

http://www.wildcats.com.au/featured-news/casey-prather-coming-back/

Reply #591648 | Report this post

blitz101  
Years ago

Cats could be looking at 7'2 Liam Mc Morrow as centre

Reply #591654 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

They were looking at McMorrow at the same time they signed Dunigan.

It's possible he's still on their radar. 7'2 but now 28 years old or there abouts. Played with NO in this summer league. Wouldn't be a bad signing.

Reply #591659 | Report this post

blitz101  
Years ago

Ahh yeah he is playing with the Pelicans in summer league

Reply #591662 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Can we claim Canada as part of Oceania?

Reply #591676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not too excited about this signing. I think he is a solid player don't get me wrong but he's not exactly an explosive scorer so this would surely mean Beal isn't coming back. He's a seriously legit defender though so perfect for that 2/3 spot as long as he isn't relied on for 20 a night.

Reply #591685 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Not only was he our best player, he was a brilliant fit for the SF role in that squad and in the modern game.
Assuming we get another big centre, and Knight stays at PF, he will be again. Only without the learning curve.

Also not sure why you'd think he & Beal should be mutually exclusive?

Reply #591719 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

How can anyone not be excited about this signing. He is an amazing talent.

Reply #591724 | Report this post

blitz101  
Years ago

If the cats do part with beal Vander Blue or Darius Adams would be a nice fit, played with Prather at summer league

Reply #591730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just feel like the league has gotten stronger again this season as it usually does and we haven't yet. Beal and Prather are probably the B+ category of imports. I think our next two need to be A+ scoring options as our defense should be elite again.

Matty Knight another year older and is usually only able to play 70% of the season. Redhage is a shell of himself effectively limiting our depth. We know what Hire is.

Reply #591750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Matty Knight another year older "

Such a unique player!

Reply #591751 | Report this post

Farrison Hord  
Years ago

Is it safe to say Redhage is done?

He actually isnt noted in any roster reports.

Reply #591753 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

What happened to the Clarence Tysons, Ricky Jones and the David Van Dykes of the world.. oh yeah, Europe, China and D-League.

Reply #591754 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Redhage has verbally agreed, he will be officially signed once the cats have signed everyone else.

Reply #591769 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Prather is definitely NOT B-List.
Lets not forget that after a slow start, he won MVP in the champion team.

I do agree that the league has stepped up a notch for this coming season.
That's why the Cats are still searching, not content with Beal, they'll sign somebody better if they can.
And they'll be looking for a high class centre.
We have Wagstaff on the bench to back up Knight, so I'm still happy with that.
Brandt and an import Centre will give us plenty of front-court presence.
Hire will provide good role minutes off the bench. He's a good rebounder, a good defender, and can sometime get hot. He'll benefit from not being played out of position. Time will tell whether that's enough.

Yes, Redhage is not far off retirement, but his experience on the bench, as the 11th man, will be invaluable. The expanded roster has probably extended his career.

As RMQ said, the Cats will be waiting to see what they have left in the bag, before inking his contract.

I'm assuming that DKD is inline for the bench 2 spot, but again it looks like they're waiting to see who the starter will be.

Reply #591793 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Happy with Prather coming back. Not fazed if Beal comes back or not more interested in that import big they are chasing.

Redhage will be back but must be getting close to the end?

I assume DKD is all but announced.

Reply #591857 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Wildcats pre-season officially begins in two weeks. Our imports should be in town soon right?

Reply #591863 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"What happened to the Clarence Tysons, Ricky Jones and the David Van Dykes of the world.."

The first two were centres in their day because the league was so short back then but would be PFs today, while the third was so soft he would be eaten alive. I don't think you picked the best examples!

You can't really use 6'6'-6'8 Americans as your centre today unless they are pretty damn good because most centres are 6'10+ and can play.

Reply #591869 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The first two were centres in their day because the league was so short back then but would be PFs today, while the third was so soft he would be eaten alive.
Holds the Wildcats club record for blocked shots in a game, thank you very much.

Reply #591874 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Oh he could block shots alright!

Reply #591877 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:48 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754