joshuapending
Years ago

Bogut got to pick Mavs or Rockets, right call?

So it seems the Warriors let Bogut pick between the Mavs or the Rockets to where he would go as they could get the same package. I kind of think he should have gone Rockets as at least you have Harden who is an elite talent in his prime and a GM that is always agresssive. The only downside is Harden is the kind of player that would probably drive Andrew crazy. Do you think he made the correct call?

Topic #39627 | Report this topic

mystro  
Years ago

Yup he made the right call. I would choose to play with an unselfish guy like Dirk over James "I can't guard a chair" Harden any day of the week.

Reply #591455 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

fair classy move by Warriors to let him choose I have to say.

Obviously he made the right move. Dallas will show him respect and he won't have to throw Harden into a wall

Reply #591458 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, right move. I think Harden would be very frustrating for a guy like Bogut who would expect effort and team play from team mates.

Reply #591460 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Absolutely the right call. Why would anyone choose to play with Harden?

Reply #591474 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

Definitely the right move. No Harden. Cuban seems to really look after players & Bogut still gets to play with Barnes (from Facebook it seems like those two guys get on really well)

Reply #591475 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

My thoughts are that the Mav's will be a better fit for Bogie, also I think we will just see more of the same from the Rockets and that wasn't good enough last season, so yeah great decision!

Reply #591480 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I think he missed a good opportunity to average 10 blocks a game in Houston, all of them on whoever Harden is "defending".

Reply #591496 | Report this post

Sitiveni  
Years ago

Dallas for sure. Mark Cuban does so much for the city of Dallas and his players. Bogut will love the culture down there, also close to Austin which is a fun place, not much to do in Dallas although Houston is even more boring. Also direct flights to Australia from Dallas like he had in San Fran. Hopefully Carlisle will use him more on the offensive end then in GS.

Reply #591505 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Also direct flights to Australia from Dallas like he had in San Fran.

Hehe, found this amusing Sitiveni.

Multi millionaires with private jets would play this card!

Yep glad he went to Dallas - Houston will be very average this season..

Reply #591534 | Report this post

Sitiveni  
Years ago

Bout recently talked about his flight back home with Qantas. So I'm guessing he didn't fly in a private plane

Reply #591548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Houston want to play fast. 3's and ft's and transition. Bogut needs a slower tempo.

Reply #591556 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:05 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754