Aussie
Years ago

Jacob Epperson? Anyone seen him play?

Australian apparently 6'11. How old is he?

He seems to be a great athlete and has a strong motor.

Highlights here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pl6EGl1kFyc

Topic #39630 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's supposedly a good shot blocker and passer.

Needs to put on weight, only 200lbs at 6'11.

Reply #591563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Late bloomer but going to be a boomer after college.

Reply #591565 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

How old is he this year?

Reply #591566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You think he can still be a boomer with these guys in his possible position?
Simmons, maker, Humphries, froling, gaks... + few more.

He'd have to gain at least 40 lbs which might slow him down and reduce his athleticism. Will see...

also a couple of quality young centres at St Mary's to compete with in future.
Landale 6'11 255 and perry 7'1 250+. Very different skill sets to eppperson though.

Reply #591567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice post mum

Reply #591570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

15 year old 7 footer Makur maker, cousin of Thon will be a beast.
BA Should Get him into the u17.

Reply #591572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is he really 15

Reply #591573 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

"Nice post mum"

You're an idiot, I'm not his mum. I am male and have no children

Reply #591574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah hopefully 6'11 makur maker for u17s in 2018..
Would be an awesome u17 side along with the women's.

Epperson with some descent offers from colleges. 2017 class though, so a while away.

6'1 Chantel horvat supposedly offered by uconn which is awesome too. Also 2017.

Reply #591575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The guys from.AUSA hoops.have obviously seen him play. Their twitter feed is blowing up

Reply #591583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How on earth did this guy (and Jake Heath) never make vic metro teams? And how did Blackburn produce 4 great kids in 1 age group?

Reply #591591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry Uncle Epperson

Reply #591595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is one of the funniest topics in some time

Reply #591596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will he be at the combine in Canberra next week, heaps of NCAA coaches will be able to see him there? He is talented, but lacks post presence at the moment, does have athleticism and a nice jump shot and can get up to block in the air too. Not sure about the Boomer prospects, but his age is 18 this year. And, yes I have seen him play several times and no I am not related to the kid.

Reply #591607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard he is almost ready to play a Big V game - should we rush him to Rio?

Reply #591612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Utah and Marquette are descent colleges...
Colleges where big men like poetl and ellenson just got drafted from.

Good luck to him.

Reply #591613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry step brother Epperson

Reply #591624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Post #591591 how did Blackburn produce this kid?

Played most of his junior ball at Coburg, U18's top aged moved to Werribee played some YL1 and now pops up at Blackburn playing SCYL this year

One season isn't really what I'd call producing a player and he hasn't made any of the Vic metro teams because he's injured more often then not

He has made the SSV Vic team for the past 2 years

Reply #591626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^Agree, I just want to face palm every time I hear about how good Blackburn is, really they are not producing much at the elite level if history is anything to go by. Great at poaching players to win games, but developing talent, not up there with other Associations!

Reply #591628 | Report this post

Oberon76  
Years ago

First off, I hope the kid lives up to his potential. After reading some of the posts to me it seems like the thing he lacks the most apart from weight is experience. He will certainly gain those two things in college which means he could become an exceptional player. Good luck to him!

Secondly, no clubs are good at producing elite talent. Clubs don't make talent. Players make themselves with hard work and dedication. You really think two training sessions a week bloods an elite player. Why are the AIS guys so good? Simple. They practice every single day (of course they are talented to begin with but they go to the next level because of this). Kids not from the CoE have to try to do the same thing. Clubs are cut-throat. Especially big clubs. Players flock to them because of reputation. It is a dog-eat-dog situation where to coaches, winning is all that matters. Exposure and experience is really all club basketball gives players. Some players are late bloomers and they are shafted in terms of opportunity. Again, players makes themselves, clubs are just catalysts.

Thirdly, Blackburn are great at poaching players to win a few games? Wow! They take 1-2 kids and they are serious poaches. Clubs like Melbourne, Dandenong and Diamond Valley take way more than this every year in every age group and you label Blackburn poachers? I think I have heard it all now!

Note on the club point I do know there are some great people and coaches in clubs and I mean not to disrespect them. I speak generally.

Reply #591652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too much logic there Oberon! Well said!

Reply #591666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes. mum. Lol

Reply #591692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this kid Ken Eppersons son?

Reply #591696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One player doesn't make Blackburn poachers, they've had this same core group together for the last few years and it shows as they've developed together and gone up leagues. They've also had a few guys playing mens the last few years that qualify for youth by years.

Reply #591790 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:15 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754