Fish Fingers
Years ago

St Clair Redevelopment

I recently went to St Clair to watch a premier league game there.
I don't get to many games these days, however the first thing I noticed was the court, and more accurately, how poorly managed it was.
It was peeling and bubbling all over, and as I walked around the edges were bobbling like the middle of Hillcrest.
I asked one of the staff members there about it, and he told me that CASA, who he worked for, only lease it from the Council, and as such they were not putting money into it.
Next week I got a letter from the premier saying that they were going to build a new stadium there - which is obviously good news.

My question here is, will we have to have games there with a stadium that will be getting worse and worse due to the CASA people not wanting to put money into it to maintain it until the new stadium is built?
If they don't want to put money into it now, what chances is there that they will put money into maintaining it knowing that its going to be knocked down???

Topic #39655 | Report this topic

Fish Fingers  
Years ago

Please don't turn this into a stadium s**tfight, it is more thoughts about what will happen with the stadium between now and the new stadium being built

Reply #592182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont bet on CASA being the company running the new stadium.

Reply #592226 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:52 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754