Ricey
Years ago

Amare Retires With Knicks

Knicks sign Amare so he can retire with them. Why? Surely a waste of money of some sort, but then again it is the Knicks.

Will Amare go to Europe, China or Australia now?

Topic #39662 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a respect thing. He went to the Knicks as a franchise player when no one else would. He gave that city his all, and this is a nice gesture and also decent little off season media hype. A lot of pro athletes do it, NFL mlb etc I think it's a nice touch. At his peak this guy was a beast and not a top 10 pick either, they don't come around too often. Google his suns highlights.

Reply #592296 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Don't think they wasted any money

He signed a 1 year non-guaranteed contract so he could retire. So im tipping they don't have to pay it all out..just the pro rated balance on the number of days.

Such a great player and a great person as well.

Was a privilege to watch at PHX.

Don't think you're ever going to see Nash and Amare type of P&R basketball ever again..it was beautiful.

Reply #592310 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

I believe it was a one day contract.

Reply #592317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe there's no such thing. 10 day contract is the smallest isn't it?

Reply #592319 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

I dont know why ppl continue to doubt me until I have to bring in a link.. are you related to Dazz by any chance?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/amare-stoudemire-signs-one-day-contract-with-knicks-retires-from-nba/

Reply #592321 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Google his Suns highlights. I'm not some 14 year old on holidays mate lol

Why not retire with Suns, who his peak was with? Just odd to do it with the Knicks.

Reply #592339 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Agreed, woulda been better full circle with Suns

Reply #592344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ricey, if you read any of the articles relating to this, he has made it pretty clear his heart was always in NYC. 'Once a Knick always a Knick', so no, its not odd at all, its a nice nostalgic sports moment and an actual class move by an organization looking to be better, than all those bad years past.

Reply #592389 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Nice to see there's still room for a bit of heart.

Reply #592409 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:49 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754