Reply #592308 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Awesome thanks Dani

Reply #592309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Boomers trail 12-28 at the first break :/"

Ridiculous that Argentinian court management types have disrupted our preparation so much!

Reply #592313 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Slight comeback.
23-18 second quarter now sees us trail 35-46

That live stream linked above isn't working for me. Are others seeing it?

Reply #592315 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

(livestream working fine for me now)

Aussies close in to 62-65 after 3 quarters.

Reply #592318 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

Back to a 3 point game at the end of 3.

Scola (20p 5r)
Ginobili (17p 3a)
Nocioni (12p 12r 3b)
Campazzo (8p 8a)

Mills (13p 3r 4a - 14FGA)
Motum (10p 5r)
Goulding (10p)
Andersen (9p 6r 2a)

Reply #592320 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

9-0 run to start the 4th and we're up 71-65

Reply #592322 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

Australia start the 4th on a 9-0 run. 5p for Andersen, 2p 2a for Delly.... both promptly get subbed.

Reply #592324 | Report this post

Green 33  
Years ago

http://www.tv-porinternet.com/2014/07/directv-sports-en-vivo-por-internet.html

Reply #592326 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Great test for the Boomers now. Home team with the momentum, scores back level and things very tight. Let's see if we can execute under pressure.

Reply #592327 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

After the Boomers being up by as much as 10 in the 4th its a tie game with 1:44 to play.

Australia currently running Delly-Mills-Broekhoff-Motum-Andersen

Motum makes a pair of FT's to put Australia up 2.

Reply #592328 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Damn. Might've been worth the $350 for court side tickets after all

Reply #592329 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Both teams nailing big shots down the stretch ... this is fun
Manu, then Anderson, then Broekhoff ...
Delly puts us up 3, Argentina instantly gets it back to 1

Reply #592330 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Boomers hang on for the 1 point win :)

Reply #592331 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

Australia pull it out by a point. Patty and Manu trading missed triples in the last 7 seconds.

Reply #592332 | Report this post

dani  
Years ago

any idea on why Baynes sat out most of the game?

Reply #592333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How's Bogut going? Will he be ready?

Reply #592334 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

Andersen - 16p 8r 2a (FG:7/11 3FG:2/4 FT:0/1)
Motum - 14p 8r 1a 1s (4/8 0/1 6/6)
Mills - 13p 3r 4a 1s (5/18 3/12 0/0)
Goulding - 10p 2r 1s (4/7 2/5 0/0)
Broekhoff - 8p 7r 1a 1s 1b (3/9 2/4 0/0)
Dellavedova - 7p 2r 7a 2s (3/10 1/3 0/0)

Just 7 FTA's for Australia. Finished 10 of 33 from three after starting 3 of 15.
Mills & Delly with team high minutes (~26)

Scola - 27p 7r (~34mins)
Ginobili - 22p 2r 3a
Nocioni - 13p 13r 3b (5to) (~31mins)

(I was wrong on Campazzo earlier 1p 8a)

Reply #592337 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

He's been warming up well and definitely looks ready to passionately represent Australia in the twittersphere.
No idea how the knee is though.

Reply #592338 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Motum showing he can possibly hang in the Olympics rotation now. Hopefully continues

Reply #592342 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Nice to compete after a slow start, but we are going to need our guards (particularly Mills and Delly) to be a lot more efficient scorers to make it past a quarter final berth.

Both have to be at 50% plus on makes I think as they are going to have a lot of opportunities and the ball in their hands a lot. 13 and 7 points off of 18 and 10 shots respectively aint going to get it done.

Reply #592345 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I was wondering WTF Motum was doing starting, but yeah he played pretty well from what I saw (i.e. just the 2nd half)

Reply #592346 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

That was a really good game to watch.

Some promising stretches by the Boomers too.

Reply #592348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You have watched Delly play before haven't you? If you don't expect him to score you can occasionally be pleasantly surprised. Shot less that 40% inside the three in the NBA season, I highly doubt he can achieve let alone maintain a 50% average

Reply #592349 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Great come from behind win. No mean feat to bet the Argentineans on their home soil with all their stars. Bogut and Ingles still to be added...

Reply #592358 | Report this post

Shaggy  
Years ago

Don't discount how big this result is given the Argentines have just come off a game against Team USA too

Reply #592360 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

This was a very good win when they came right back late in the 4th to tie the game I expected us to fold but we stood up even with Patty having a bad game. Andersen & Motum carried us today.

Reply #592362 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Looking at that Argentina roster, yikes, have they developed anyone within the last decade?

Reply #592365 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

The most impressive thing for me wasn't the fact that we won, but how we did it.

To come back from 16 points down in the first quarter, then to hold them without a field goal for much of the fourth, amass a 10 point lead, and grind the win out to a veteran team takes a lot of determination and team work.

The start was always going to be slow seeing as Australia's last opponent was a bunch of kids almost a fortnight ago. I think they've done themselves proud. As for how much the guards score, things like that will likely be addressed before the Olympics. We still have Ingles and most-likely Bogut to come. I think we can be pretty optimistic.

In the second half, The Boomers played the style of game that actually validates my faith in the team.

Reply #592373 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

#592349, I would happily settle for Delly shooting at his pre-All Star game stats from last season.

I am predominantly worried about Mills, who high scored at London but as the most prolific and inefficient shooter by a long way.

Reply #592375 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Anyone been able to find a link to a replay?

Reply #592376 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I haven't found a replay link but I hope to. If you cut out the first quarter it was a very good game.

Reply #592379 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Melbourne United boys did quite well!

Reply #592387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What were his pre-allstar game stats? 5 points on 40%?

Reply #592391 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

No replay available as yet from what we can find.

We have some highlights and professional images in this recap provided by an a guest contributor - an on-the-spot journalist based in Buenos Aires who provides a different perspective!

Dellavedova clinches Boomers win over Argentina

Reply #592395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do the boomers have any other warm-up games other than against Brazil? I feel like they haven't had enough warm-up games.

Reply #592402 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Highlights from each quarter over on Believe the Hype.

http://www.believethehypenba.com/2016/07/27/watch-full-highlights-of-australias-84-83-win-over-argentina/

Reply #592403 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

We have warm up games to come against Brazil, Lithuania, and most likely Spain or China just before the Olympics begin.

Reply #592404 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

A mostly meaningless game really, especially against the Argentines who are all about games that matter, but it's nice to play some decent ball and win.

Reply #592411 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I am not sure where things were from a strategy standpoint, but certainly the intensity of the game was at Olympic level. I think it was a fantastic hit out and exactly what we needed.

I am curious, though, is Baynes injured? I keep hearing things about a rolled ankle but nothing verified. Also, what's this about Broekhoffs passport? Someone said passport issues could stop him from playing at Rio. I am sure they were trolling but would like to know for certain.

Reply #592412 | Report this post

Watto  
Years ago

If he flew from Australia to Argentina I'm sure his passport is fine

Reply #592413 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Yeah but apparently Yi Jilian from China had a similar thing. He flew to the US for a series there and he played game 1 but he's having issues with Visa or Passport so he couldn't play the second game. So that means the issue can't be discounted.

Reply #592414 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Only way it's a passport issue is if it has less than 6 months left on it. VISA would mean the AOC hasn't done their job correctly I would imagine

Reply #592415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it was Olympic intensity Ginobli and Delfino play way more that 22 mins (approx)

Reply #592422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it was Olympic intensity Ginobli and Delfino play way more that 22 mins (approx)

Reply #592423 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:47 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754