AngusH
Years ago

Mirko Djeric released from Kings contract, to play in Serbia

The Sydney Kings today announced that guard Mirko Djeric, who had previously committed to the Kings for the 2016/17 season, earlier this week requested a release from his contract.

After consideration of the circumstances involved in this request, King's management have granted an unconditional release.

Djeric, a talented player of Serbian heritage, indicated to the club his desire to pursue a professional career in Serbia.

The long-held and passionate nature of the player’s ambition, combined with the professional manner in which the request was made, has ensured management acted quickly to support the request for a release.
Full announcement

Apparently wants to play professionally in Serbia.

Topic #39670 | Report this topic

Smith  
Years ago

He would have been 10th/11th man going off their roster. Understandable if he can get more court time somewhere else. He said he was going to Europe after the Hawks gave him his chance so it's no surprise.

Reply #592444 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

He was trialing with Partizan a few years back.

http://www.aussiehoopla.com/mirko-djeric-partizan-trial/

Reply #592462 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, it's probably a good move for him if he gets court time in Serbia. I'd rank him along with a couple of other young fringe guys who probably deserve a spot but are victims of limited spots and opportunities due to the 8-team league.

Reply #592467 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Classy response by the Kings. Might not have been so if it was a key player they were very reluctant to lose, but still their announcement reads well and shows decency from both sides.

Being able to make a go of it in an ancestral home of sorts would mean a lot to him. I have Slovenian heritage on one side and while my feelings aren't go-to-war passionate, it's something I identify with.

Reply #592468 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

emmanuel malou surely deserves to be picked up by an NBL team!

Reply #592479 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Ben Madgen?? Malou definitely deserves a spot but most likely as a DP this season.

Reply #592481 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:56 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754