Hoopie
Years ago

Boomers hit the big time! We're in 2K17!

From the BA website:

Basketball Australia and 2K announced today that NBA 2K17, the latest release in the award-winning basketball game franchise by Visual Concepts, will feature the Australian Boomers as a playable team for the first time on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Other than Team USA, this is the first national team to appear in the NBA 2K franchise since its inception in 1999.

We damn well NEED to medal in Rio!!!

Topic #39677 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't wait to play with a team rated 50

Reply #592541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why us? Haven't seen other that other national teams included. We're ranked 8th for the Olympics, not like we're a superstar team. Playing against the most likely 90+ rated US team is gonna get boring quickly

Reply #592544 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

Probably has something to do with Australia having the highest subscription to NBATV outside of the US.

I can't wait tbh... something I've always wanted... and I'm not being sarcastic!

Reply #592546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

best player is a 10 million dollar third string point guard, I'm sure the excitement will wear off quick

Reply #592547 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Also NBA2K sales in Australia I believe are some of the highest, if not the highest, outside of USA.

Do we have the most NBA players for an Olympic team outside of USA also?

Reply #592562 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

This annoys me... What's the point without the rest of the teams. If they wanna do it, they should do it properly and have some kind of world championship mode or something. Wouldn't be hard...

Reply #592567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good question, someone put up all the NBA players in another thread recently. We definitely were up there

Reply #592568 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Paul George is wearing a team USA jersey in the back ground on the front cover. it was assumed that this would mean international play is going to be included. With the Euroleague teams included already i wouldn't thing it will be too hard for them to included other national teams.

Trying to make a national team in my career could be a cool addition.

Reply #592569 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

There's some pretty stupid reactions on here. Australia is not going to be the only national team in the game. There is clearly going to be some sort of Olympic mode.

"Why us? Haven't seen other that other national teams included. We're ranked 8th for the Olympics, not like we're a superstar team. Playing against the most likely 90+ rated US team is gonna get boring quickly "

Ranked 8th but probably in the top 6 better teams. If you don't want to play as Australia, don't.

Reply #592578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Um why aren't we ranked in the top 6 then?

Is it really that clear? Lots of hype that were the second team ever (better late than never that a post has turned up, we've known for a week the boomers would be included) but less than two months out and not one other national team has been announced?

Reply #592598 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Look at this simplistic idiot. We aren't ranked top 6 right now because they have no way of knowing how teams stack up against eachother right now until the Olympics begin. We're ranked 11th from the accumulation of years worth of basketball over many tournaments. Clearly you're outing yourself as someone who knows nothing but talks a lot.

Meanwhile, Argentina is ranked 4th in the world but do you think they're better than Brazil and France?

Seriously....

Reply #592602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We sure aren't better than Brazil either

Reply #592604 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Based on a warm up game where we were missing our best player (Bogut) and one of our starters (Ingles) and where our NBA guys played about 20 minutes.

They smashed us, I admit that. But it is hardly a set in stone fact that they will be better than us at the Olympics. As has already been said, teams have come back from big losses in warm ups and it is pretty common. Even if you use NBA finals as an example, Cleveland and Golden State were going back and forth smashing eachother by 30 in that series. Adjustments are made. Things happen. Maybe they are better than us, but that has not been established by a meaningless warm up game.

If we won the game I am sure you'd be saying the warm up game meant nothing...

Reply #592605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And if we won you'd be screaming from the rooftops how we managed to beat Brazil without bogut (he confirmed to actually play yet?) and how good we are gonna be...

Reply #592606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is confirmed. Not sure if he and ingles are a 30 point turnaround pair but bogut will definitely help

Reply #592621 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Bogut has a big affect on defense and a lot of it doesn't come up on the scoresheet. For instance guards who might drive to the basket on Baynes might not even consider it on Bogut. His impact can be seen by what happened to GSW soon as he left the finals series.

Reply #592622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Okay I think even his biggest hater understands he's a great defender, he made the Warriors 6 points better off when he was on the court with much better team mates around him. Do you expect him to be much better than that during the Olympics?

Reply #592624 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I guess we will see. But I doubt they rebound count or inside scoring would be the same with him there.

Reply #592627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definitely can agree he will help them massively

Reply #592629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember in the old NBA live games you could create players so you could do this manually

Reply #592677 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:19 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754