knockout finals
Years ago

Knockout Finals - boys pool A

Well, for some of you this will be a pointless thread, but others may find it quite helpful.
Thursday and Friday this week is the knockout finals for Open As, the following teams have made it for Pool A:

Group 1:
Faith
Immanuel
Trinity

Group 2:
St Michaels
Unley
Cardijn

Everytime there is an event like knockout finals there is always a thread to see everybodys views.

Discussion and rankings of each of these teams would be fairly interesting, just like the debate before Classics, and nationals.

Discuss :)

Topic #3969 | Report this topic

The truth  
Years ago

My pics From both Groups Would be Trinty and Unley .....

What teams are In Pool B and Which are the Ones to Look out For

Reply #46205 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

st michaels will get it. they beat immanuel and unley quite easily without molitor i believe. look for them to get the W easily i would say. not sure who trinity and faith have but that is my pick .

Reply #46209 | Report this post

enigma  
Years ago

Are St Michaels going to show up for it.

Reply #46214 | Report this post

richy6989  
Years ago

go faith, they r champs, jordan shannon and the oliver boys, trinity r good tho

Reply #46219 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Is there any where on the net ... Where u can find the Teams and the Programs for the Two Pools

Reply #46226 | Report this post

Herring  
Years ago

We beat immanuel but got beaten by Unley and Saint Mics. Saint Mics won easily without much intensity and should win the knockout quite easily. They are my pick.

Reply #46230 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

The final four will be:
1st Group 1: Faith vs 2nd Group 2: Unley
1st Group 2: St. Mick's vs 2nd Group 1: Trinity
Grand Final: Faith vs St. Mick's
Winner: St. Michael's

Reply #46242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't count unley out yet, aganist st mick's we had three starters out and we played well below our best, expect a better contest later this week.

Reply #46362 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

i forgot about faith, will i really thought that jordy and co had finished skool. so i think that they will push st micks but very very hard. that is my pick for the gf. ps, the oliver boys r champs. played with em at woodville a couple of years ago. good to c there still playing

Reply #46370 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

Anon, did st micks have Molitor? i dont think they did but i could be wrong

Reply #46373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no st michaels were missing molitor during that game against unley and only had 6 players

Reply #46387 | Report this post

the real truth  
Years ago

Guys. Trinity have got this! St micks were to scared to rock up to the opens game just cos they were missing molitor. they wanted to forfeit instead of getting their ass handed to em. if trinity play there real game they will kill. Brett Collins is without a doubt the best shooter in 18s n prob 20s as well. rob cameron one of the best assisting player and awesome shooter. and Clausen is a awesome dunker and shooter. every1 knows trinity has the best from each club...

Reply #46412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol! I love the humour on this site

Reply #46431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i'm pretty sure trinity wont loose a game!

Reply #46478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HAHA thats hilarious 'the real truth' but so far from true its not funny!!! the St michaels team forfeited on saturday as they didnt have enough players to make a team due to injuries and other commitments and i know this for a fact!!! Why dont you stop talking your boys up and wait till after tomorrow because you would look like a total idiot if your team wasnt to come through with the goods now hey!!!

Reply #46505 | Report this post

westside  
Years ago

immanuel is a shoe in to come last

Reply #46542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes, immanuel suck. I hate trinity but they should do very well this week.

Reply #46591 | Report this post

fudgeman  
Years ago

people who picked st micks to win it should throw your bets away, they lost both games today and are out of the finals.

Reply #46602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

best shooter in the 18s "and probly 20s as well"... big call. I would of picked faith but they have no depth. St Micks needed Molitor.

Reply #46605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Semis
Unley vs Faith
Trinity vs Cardijn

My winners Unley and Trinity to play a very tight final.

Reply #46619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sorry wat was that??? TRINITY RULE?!

Reply #46621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any close games? that is the best thing about knockout. what happened? Who is dominating the carnival?

Reply #46626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Despite being 12 deep Unley lost out to Faith and the Shannon/Jordie show. Trinity had trouble early but comfortably beat Cardijn.

All Northern final, Pasadena Sports Centre Sunday August 28th.

Reply #46735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so much for Faith having no depth!! they work as a team and that will help them over the line in any game. Unley needed to get over themselves and play some ball

Reply #46743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

faith rule! they are so good! have the most heart! bloody country schools, i tell ya what!! metro schools have nothing on the two country schools. (faith and trinity)

Reply #46744 | Report this post

fudgeman  
Years ago

trinity aint country

Reply #46745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes they are

Reply #46746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i saw the faith and unley game, damn those faith people just hustle and dive on loose balls!

shocking coaching by unley though, he had the wrong choice of players on! i wont mention names but im sure it is VERY obvious!

good luck faith and beat trinity!

Reply #46747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

best game today with faith playing unley, close all through- Faith had the edge, my tip is Faith is going to take it out

Reply #46750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree, faith had the hustle today. two superstars and three damn solid players made up a great starting five that work well together. unleys confidence let them down. its gonna be a good gf, trinity are better on paper, but anything can happen in a final.. trinity, keep getting cockier and we'll see what happens...

Reply #46751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who are people tipping in the Open A's Final!??!

Reply #46753 | Report this post

Pickles Housemate  
Years ago

um trinity is not country but go the country schools anyway!

Reply #46755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who picks faith?

Reply #46759 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

U have to Tip Trinty seeing as they have already beaten Faith ... But from watching Both Teams Trinty Seem to rely on outside shooting to much ... if they have an off day anything could Happen but id be putting my money on trinty..

Reply #46760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

faith had already played a game an hour before that and trinty were yet to play, think about that! it will be alot closer then some might think. it comes down to the heart of the team and which do you think has more heart?

Reply #46763 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

i think that trinity have got this in the bag there a great side and will be tuff to beat.

Reply #46785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jordy kies (JK) can do anything on a basketball court, shannon hoffman, the best hustler in the school comp. i,d say this will be very close.

Reply #46813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Faith have depth WTF They used 5 players aganist unley, On a brighter note - Jordy Kies and Trent Fields very deserving MVP's. Trent is going places he carried unley through the whole tournament and scored 30 aganist Faith. One of the best players i have seen in a long time.

Reply #46818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they have depth in those five players. it worked didnt it?

Reply #46823 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

what time is the final?

Reply #46830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oliver boys with jordy and shannon can take faith anywhere just wait and see

Reply #46831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

7:30 pm, Next Sunday

Reply #46833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is trent fields number 15?? if it was he wasnt great, just man him up and hes useless! all he can do is shoot.

Reply #46897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

trent's aweosme

Reply #46899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah he was against us on friday, too bad he didnt have a team to back him up

Reply #46902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats a harsh comment #46902

trent was completely insane that game yes, but to say no one else did good is incorrect

there were a couple of players that put up decent numbers! i think the unley coach doesnt use his bench well, he puts the wrong players on

faith on the other hand they are a complete unit, no depth but their starting 5 are all solid players, gl to faith vs trinity

Reply #46910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah the coaching, probably not perfect!!! a team with depth wont always win the games, look at unley. faiths starting 5 are team players and do more than compete with other teams! trinity should watch out.

Reply #46913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lmao.......

"......all he can do is shoot.
Anonymous, 21/08/05 (#46897)"

yeah, those 30 points were just awful; joint tourny MVP with Jordan; totally useless he is!(is not!! : you tool! Spell his name correctly too! Fildes)

Faith were the better team on the day, they won and deservingly so.
Go Faith! GF win is coming!!

Reply #46932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trinity is a country school.

Reply #47170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah they are, dont you think its unfair that they have three campus's to choose from!

Reply #47186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who has the best starting five? faith or trinity?

Reply #47232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Played both these teams. I personally thought the harder game was Faith.

Jordie Kies knocked about 50%, but still ended up with a huge score. Oliver twins, all of them were driving threats. I was amazed to see how much the youngest has developed.
Shannon was the best on court though. His speed and leap is unstoppable, does not look like a big player but DAM! can he play big.

Trinity, well the three that are mentioned mostly are clausen, rob and brett. Bretts on and off 3s could be the biggest factor of the day depending on how his game is on the day.

What i would love to see is Faith get up, and having josh oliver cut him out of the game. Shannon is capable of this aswell, jordie kies is easily the best gaurd on court so he can tear the game apart from there.

I Personally think the 2 best teams didnt make the grand final. Unley and St mics were easily the best two teams; st mics were hit with injury and unley just had that 1 bad game of the year.

Immanuel were hit badly by injury aswell. I dont think for ONE game of the season they had a full team. Which is a shame because the best player only played about 2 games in the season, and he is one of the best defensive players in the state.

Anyways after my sum up of knockout, go faith

Reply #47250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats a nice write up! is it lachy?? did u mean josh oliver to stop brett collins or Clausen??

Reply #47267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cry me a river. if u dont have a full team deal with it man. far out stop wingin on this site! josh oliver stop someone?? that was a joke right? and to stop bretty or clausen that was another joke?? 3 campuses of trinity make trinity. it really is not 3 diff skools.

Reply #47292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who else is meant to do it, he does a real good job for a year ten! just to compete with clausen is a good effort.

Reply #47297 | Report this post

chris  
Years ago

just competing with the likes of clausen won't be good enough come sunday. it'll be close but trinity will win

Reply #47316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WOW he competes with clausen!!! does he beat him??? NO. who cares man

Reply #47334 | Report this post

lachie  
Years ago

soz man wasnt me but i love ya oliver twins:)

Reply #47564 | Report this post

ease up turbo's!  
Years ago

alright so lets everyone stop talking themselves up, it will all come down to who plays better on the day! reputation means nothing, it is all who scores the most points on the night...right?? and who cares who wins, lets just get as many people to come along and make an intense exciting atmosphere and have a great night of basketball! so whoever reads this, try your best to make it out to pasadena, sunday night, 7:30 and bring your friends, lets just have a great night watching bball!

Reply #47654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah thats right, just enjoy watching two great teams battle it out. hopefully the umpiring isnt as shocking as it was last time trinity played faith. i watched the game and all the calls were going trinity's way, trinity were fouling like crazy, and then they carried on for ages when a good call was finally made! trinity, play fair guys.

Reply #47656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

in regards to the comment about the 3 trinity campus's. yes, fair call. it IS all ONE school. but consider the AMOUNT of people on the 3 campus's compared to faiths, 600 or so students... i think that was what the comment was saying. that there are at least five times more people to choose from! trinity SHOULD win considering the ratio of players to choose from. good on faith for working with what theyve got.

Reply #47657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wats with every1 making excuses?? USA have more ppl then Aus to chose from too do u hear them complaining?? GIVE IT A BREAK!

Reply #47690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and do USA beat australia MOST of the time..yes! No one is making an excuse. im just saying that if trinity lose it would be embarrassing. whats the bet a trinity person made that last comment? have a good day guys.

Reply #47727 | Report this post

person  
Years ago

Australia eats vegemite! yum!!

Reply #47736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

in relation to my previous post stating i had played both these teams, that was made to during the season not knockout. Our team did not make knockout i thought i would write up using knowledge from mates who play in other teams.

We have played trinity during the season, and my close mate has played faith and only just lost.

I have mates who play for unley, st mics and immanuel and asked their opinion on how they went in the tournament. I didnt mean to sound bias to any of those teams if you thought i played for any.

I would love to see the grandfinal but unfortunatly cant make it. Because the two best teams are already out (in my opinion unley and st mics) im going to tip with faith, for the sake of a country group winning.

Best of luck

Reply #47739 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

The oliver twins competed well with clausen, while he dunked it 4 times during the game. jordie kies kept faith in it but trinity always had the goods

Reply #47924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahahaha wat can we say?? trinity rock. I no alot of the faith boys n they put up a good fight. it wasnt the closet game but it was very good sportsmanship between the two teams.

Reply #47979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey does any1 kno if henley are any good? who do they have?

Reply #50066 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:51 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754