Reply #592784 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

http://aovivonatv.com/assistir-sportv-3-ao-vivo/

Reply #592785 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Bogut playing.
fast start by the Boomers, poor shooting % by China.
We seems to be going to Baynes alot, which has caused foul trouble for China.

Reply #592786 | Report this post

bankedshot  
Years ago

Thanks dude, nice find.

Reply #592787 | Report this post

bankedshot  
Years ago

Looking a lot better today. It is China but were hitting shots and we need a good win heading into the tournament. Lisch is looking good out there. Broekhoff is looking a little shaky though

Reply #592788 | Report this post

bankedshot  
Years ago

Motum is looking terrible. Weakest link tonight on defense and offense. And that was with Maric on the court.

Reply #592789 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I was hopeful that Bogut would sneak a warm up game in and he's managed to do just that. He was moving fine, and didn't take him long to assert himself defensively and get some nice screens and passes offensively.

It still wasn't the most impressive game from the Boomers but they were able to dominate in all the areas that mattered such as rebounds, points in the paint and fast break points. Plus they were also able to shoot a reasonable percentage and get some of the cobwebs out.

With Patty out, it gave the team an opportunity to find other avenues of scoring and they were well served with Ingles. Baynes still can't hit sitters but found himself at the end of a nice Alley Oop play. Goulding continues to shine.

There is still plenty of room for improvement, and one would hope for a more energetic play style at the Olympics, but tonight's game did everything they needed it to do and they'll be better for it.

Reply #592790 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Newley should have been picked ahead of Motum, he's there by default because we don't have another young fit mobile PF (had Simmons been available that would have been his spot).

Reply #592797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was bogut the magic ingredient? Or are China just that bad

Reply #592802 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Well, Bogut came in and did his thing, but China was that bad and Australia were noticeably better on both ends, even with Mills resting.

I can see this being another winless Olympics for China.

Reply #592806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

China are just that bad. Lost both games to the US by 50+

Reply #592813 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bogut is back! Ingles was the star however as Australia thrashed China.

Bogut is back as the Boomers bounce China

Ingles in great form. Patty sat out.

Reply #592815 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

It was a surprise to see Bogut back early! Back right on the 6 week minimum recovery originally estimated. Getting him some game time before the Olympics makes Australia's prospects look much better.

It's good to see the Boomers register a win. Regardless of the opposition, it's got to help the team's confidence and that can only be good.

Reply #592817 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

It just helps a lot for things to go right a couple of times and to see the ball go through the hoop. China isn't a good team but they're tall and physical, which means the Boomers can take something away from dominating in the paint.

I don't feel sorry for China at all for the wallopings they're about to endure. Whenever they play at home their referees pander to them, and whenever they're losing big they start playing dirty. Until they correct those things I hope the mockery continues.

Reply #592823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see we have picked five enormous lumbering big men so we have plenty of big bodies to throw at the 1996 Dream Team if we play them in the medal round.

Oh wait, it's 2016. Can someone break the news to Andrej Lemanis?

Reply #592824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Enjoying watching the pre-olympic basketball games.
Lots of great players in the Aussie Team but I'm afraid that some 'influences' have shown themselves already.
I have long been critical of the Bevo style of coaching in the NBL and how it's not fun to watch. Already, Aaron Baynes has copped a cut under the eye from 'friendly fire' in the form of some reckless rebounding by Damian Martin during the AUS V CHN game. Baynes was unimpressed to say the least. Martin's 'defense' crosses the line more often than not and he's not getting away with it as he does in the NBL. I'm please to see that his over-enthusiasm is getting called for fouls.
Kevin Lisch did a trademark BEVO 'flop' - there was contact but he exaggerated it - luckily it was ignored and he in fact got the foul. Justice prevailed.
The sooner the newer Boomers learn that what they get away with in the NBL is not how the game is played elsewhere, the more fun they will be to watch too.

Reply #592829 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"Good to see we have picked five enormous lumbering big men so we have plenty of big bodies to throw at the 1996 Dream Team if we play them in the medal round.

Oh wait, it's 2016. Can someone break the news to Andrej Lemanis?"

LOL. I'll pay that. Andrew Bogut was fresh off an injury and was still more mobile than every other big we have.

Reply #592835 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Bogut, Andersen, Baynes and Bairstow, who's the fifth? Maric isnt in the 12 if Bogut is.

Reply #592838 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Motum?

Reply #592852 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Yes Motum. That was me above too BTW.

Why everyone keeps labelling him as a "mobile" big is beyond me. You are what you can guard.

As usual we have way too many tiny guards and way too many old school bigs, with only Broekhoff and Ingles in between. No lineup versatility. It makes Lemanis' job so much harder, and he is already a class below most of the other international coaches in terms of Xs and Os.

Reply #592858 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Well he's mobile offensively with a nice Eurostep. He can't defend a door though.

Reply #592862 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

A nice but very predictable Eurostep.

Reply #592864 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I don't think I've ever seen him score off it. Doesn't stop him using it every time he touches the ball though.

Reply #592869 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I was high on Motum a few years ago, but can't help but think of him as a kind of rich man's Tommy Garlepp these days. Plays like a 3 on offense, but has no position on defense because he's not mobile enough to guards 3s or mobile 4s and lacks the upper body strength to guard stronger 4s in the post or box out.

Reply #592887 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I don't know what's going on with Motum. He had that good season for the 36ers but then went and played in Lithuania last season and was coming off the bench.

Until this year the last two years he both played NBA Summer League and impressed enough to get training camp invites from the Jazz, knocked the 2nd one back last year to take up the Lietuva offer but this year didn't even play SL.

Watching him play here and over there in these Boomers warm up games he does look like he's regressed. He doesn't seem to be looking for his 3pt shot and just constantly diving at the hole and throwing the ball in the general vicinity of the ring.

I think he's got an option for next season with his team in Lithuania but he looks both out of sorts and like he's desperately trying to impress perhaps hoping to get a better offer from somewhere.

I just don't know where he's at as a pro right now clearly he needs game time and to be somewhere he can play so I don't understand some of his decision making and I think it's effecting his game.

Reply #592889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Baynes got shitty from some friendly fire from a bloke who didn't hold a grudge against a guy when recklessly broke his jaw, then he can toughen up.

Reply #592898 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:25 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754