Anonymous
Years ago

Westbrook signs extension with OKC

Nice to see

Topic #39722 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

Westbrook is the man!
I'm excited to see him and Oladipo in the backcourt together.

Reply #593236 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I'm Celebrating tonight for sure.

Cap wise, everything has worked out well. They can now sign a max free agent next years as long as they do it early in the piece while Adams and Dipo have low cap holds. Besides it being in OKC the young core of Russ, Dipo, Kanter, Adams, Payne, Sabonis and Roberson would have to be enticing to free agents. Also have some handy contracts to make the sneak deadline deals Presti loves.

I think either way one of KD and Westbrook were going to leave. Now Russ gets his team, and I'm glad it was in OKC!

He can now also sign a ridiculous deal with OKC in 2018, something around $205 mil over 5 if he stays.

Reply #593243 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

People should really applaud this loyalty.

Players jump ship for irrational reasons.

Westbrook had about a million valid reasons to jump ship to LA but he stayed. Reasons for going to LA: more money presumably, young and upcoming talent to build around with a balanced core of D'Angelo, Randle and Ingram, back to the city he is from where he played HS and College Ball, go to a big-market team, bright lights, more sponsorship dollars etc.

And yet he still stayed.

Great loyalty Westy! Love your work.

Reply #593244 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I agree Macdub, Westbrooks loyalty to OKC should be applauded as should his old school mentality of sticking with an organisation and trying to take them to a title no matter how difficult the road may be.
Imagine if Jordan had gone to the Pistons because beating them was difficult?

Reply #593253 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Agreed, would be interesting to see if he would have stayed on if KD did though. I always had a feeling one would go if they didn't win a title together.

Reply #593273 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I thought it was telling in the press conference that he had not spoken to Durant since his decision to leave.

Reply #593274 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Sam Presti also deserves a ton of praise for how he has handled this off season.

Reply #593298 | Report this post

Juan  
Years ago

Now they just need to update uniforms a bit to move away from the Durant era..

Reply #593300 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:01 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754