Aussie
Years ago

Sydney Kings to announce import on weekend

Anyone know who it is?

Topic #39726 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

According to Twitter, Childress caught a flight not that long ago, so............

Reply #593250 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

lol 1 + 1 = a window, I like it!

According to a Kings fan FB page, it's someone from SL though? Technically Josh was AT some summer league games, even if not playing...

Reply #593255 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

They need a shooting guard right? Kobe.

Reply #593258 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

I really hope it's Childress. I reckon his best position in NBL would be at the 4 especially with Maric and Khazzouh at the 5. He can shoot, score, rebound, pass and defend. The perfect all rounder the Kings need. Not to mention he could probably captain them this year if Garlepp is no longer the captain

Reply #593264 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Announce an import on the busy sports day of the year.... The opening of the olympics.

Childress is on a plane atm

Reply #593270 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Childress can defend, he just chose not to most of last season! On a decent team you'd imagine he might pull his finger out though. I too hope he's back.

Reply #593278 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I hope it's Chill and they play him at the 4, bringing Tommy off the bench for scoring. Chill started too many possession outside the arc last year, and I would love to see him getting the ball at the FT line or the low post. He's not strong, but he's crafty and should be able to get to the line at a high rate... and Lisch/Chill pick-and-rolls sound pretty good to me.

Reply #593282 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If they sign a 2-3 import who can defend having him, Newley and Childress from 2-4 would give the, a heap of versatility.

Khazzouh/Maric
Childress/Garlepp/Hill
Newley/Prewster
Import/????
Lisch/Cadee

That's a contender.

Reply #593284 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

More importantly it's a number of players who are competent when it comes to executing a dunk shot.
That's an attribute too often overlooked by formal basketball fans.

Reply #593285 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Announcing it as Chill and if he IS on a plane coming back, it would work out time wise, but I'm still not getting my hopes up... It would be awesome, seeing how many categories, when fit and healthy, he was in the top 3-5 in... Just have to cross fingers I hope :)

Reply #593289 | Report this post

Kingz Fan  
Years ago

I would be so happy if it were Childress on a plane back to Sydney. Not real hopeful with all the rumours though. He's probably off to Rio to visit his fiance at the Olympics.
Adding him to the lineup would be tough! Not sure about their budget though. I thought he might end up playing late in the season after the imports get cut mid season.

Reply #593292 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Luuc what's J-Chills Dunk Shot Efficiency rating??

Reply #593304 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Make that per possession thanks.

Reply #593305 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I don't have his exact efficiency numbers handy atm, but I can tell you that his dunk shots attempts regularly result in a goal.

Reply #593307 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Sure, why not play Childress out of position in the 4.
It's not he' either injury prone or the other teams have stacked with big dudes for this season...

And yeah, I'm sure Maric was lured back to Australia with a lucrative contract as "Towel Boy."

Reply #593308 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I think he was lured back to Australia with a Po' Boy

Reply #593309 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Make that per possession thanks.
How could any sort of shooting efficiency stat be in a per-possession format? What an absurd idea.

Reply #593310 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I know right. paul trying to make a mockery of this thread
[ *eyeroll* in his direction, but facing you so he can't see it]

Reply #593311 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

team possession divided by shots made by player X = per possession shooting percentage of player X.

Reply #593313 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

FSTOS turns to Paul and winks

Reply #593314 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

By the way I have always been of the opinion that Chills best position in the NBL would be a 4.

He can defend that spot hold his own or better on the boards while blowing by most either from the elbow, short corner or spin moves on the block,

Wasted too much time standing around outside the 3 point line last year.

Reply #593315 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I know right. paul trying to make a mockery of this thread
[ *eyeroll* in his direction, but facing you so he can't see it]
I think you might be jumping to conclusions there.

Hanlon's razor: never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by carelessness.

Reply #593316 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I agree with fstos.

Reply #593317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not Childress you silly children, what do you think this is the NBA? Where teams can pull endless money? Kings are about 850K into the salary cap and Childress will not play for 150,000. It will be someone new. Get over the Childress rubbish.

Reply #593321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone find it interesting gaze is at the Olympics calling the opening ceremony (as well as other commentary duties over the games I assume) when NBL pre season training has started? Is this a hint that vickerman will be doing most of the coaching?

Reply #593327 | Report this post

Watto  
Years ago

I imagine Gaze had committed to the Olympic commentary team well before signing up as head coach

Reply #593329 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, I don't really know that Childress at the 4 is playing him out of position in the NBL. One of the best rebounders and shot blockers in the league, so it kinda makes sense to have him playing around the basket on D. Not a lot of low post, back to the basket scorers at the 4 spot in the league anyway, so his lack of bulk shouldn't hurt too much.

No idea if it's Chill and it probably isn't, but a boy can dream....

Reply #593332 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It's definitely not Childress.

Reply #593339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So some breaking news is that Childress was on a plane. Unless that plane is heading to Australia how ridiculous is that rumour.
I can do it too, Texas Walker catches bus on o-bahn, expected to sign with 6ers after afl finishes.

Reply #593343 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Kings are about 850K into the salary cap and Childress will not play for 150,000."

FYI NBL clubs can spend as much as they want this season, but for every dollar over $1.1m they have to make equalisation payments. So the Kings could pay Chill $5m if their owners were that way inclined.

Reply #593344 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

To be announced 630pm today

Reply #593352 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Lemanis and Gleeson are also in Rio.
Does that mean CJ and Nielsen do the bulk of the coaching?
Pre-season at this point is drills and fitness.

But that said, Gaze was hired to be the face, period.

Reply #593353 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah, poor form for the face of the Sydney Kings to be off hidden away overseas somewhere right now instead of being a visible figure for the sport-following public.

Reply #593355 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

My understanding is he's on a study tour to learn more about the dunk shot.

Reply #593356 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I thought that 'Cecil Exum' already taught him everything he needs to know about executing a dunk shot. If he can build further on that then look out NBL!

Reply #593357 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Gaze's version of a Dunk, would be landing with both feet inside the 3-point arc.

Reply #593364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gaze's version of a dunk would be like

Reply #593365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You really know nothing Daz.
The money on offer now is obscene.
Cairns on the way out and the Gong too.
Rumors of the United spending ridiculous amounts across the board. Bubbles $400k + incentives.
Whatever you think you are worth the NBL will now effectively double what they used to pay.

Reply #593392 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Ah, gormless moronic anonytrolls, the life & soul of Hoops

Reply #593414 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:47 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754