RMQ
Years ago

Luc Longley interview

Anyone else watching this?

Aired 11am AWST on Ch 7.

Really good interview. Great insight. Nothing's held back.

Topic #39732 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

Tried to record it twice and both times Ch 7 never ended up showing it so gave up. I suspect if it was about renovating a chef's kitchen or some other garbage like that more effort would've been shown.

Reply #593372 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, it was a good watch. Interesting to hear about his Minny days and how miserable he was.

Reply #593386 | Report this post

Perth fan  
Years ago

It's in 4 parts in the video section of the 7 Olympics app

Reply #593388 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

It was a very good interview, love his honesty about the emotional rollercoaster that it was from start to finish

Reply #593389 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I remember back in the day seeing a few interviews with Longley in his Minnesota days and yeah you could tell he was miserable. No doubt all the losing, the bad weather and I think he felt he wasn't being used effectively either.

Reply #593393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was there much talk about Jordan and those legendary bulls teams?

Reply #593395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did longley play many Olympics? My memory was that he was absent a lot

Reply #593555 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

He played three Olympics 88, 92 and 2000 but I don't think he played for the Boomers at all between 1992-2000.

Reply #593560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He missed the 1996 Olympics because of ankle surgery. It was a terrible one for him to miss, he was commentating for Channel seven and watching Lithuania centre Arvydas Sabonis crush Australia in the Bronze medal game. Longley guarding Sabonis could have made the difference, it always been one of Australia Basketball's greatest what ifs................

Reply #593590 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:30 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754