Aussie
Years ago

Coach K: "Boomers can win Gold"

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/olympics-2016/team-america-coach-says-boomers-can-win-gold-as-aussies-fend-off-dirty-play-accusations/news-story/82b659c0c13cf1638a98b068ffb162dd

Topic #39758 | Report this topic

Ricky  
Years ago

Mind Games.

Reply #594564 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Yeah, nah. He was very gracious in his praise after the game but I think saying this is more about firing a rocket up his own guys.

Reply #594565 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Coaching the USA would be such a unique challenge! Trying to motivate millionaires who are all used to being the man, against teams half as good if that sometimes would be a huge challenge! This is definitely part of that!

Reply #594598 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Serbia lost by 3 points to USA so what's coach K's next idea to motivate his team

Reply #594917 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I am not sure these teams are 'half as good' as Team USA when 2 of their last 4 games have been very, very close. The USA has reverted back to its 1 on 1 showpony crap and the world is too good for that now. If they keep playing like this they might not even medal.

Reply #594919 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Oh wow ... 23-5 lead early and from that point on Serbia outscored USA by 15. Pity they couldn't get it done.

Reply #594923 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"They'll still medal, but man are they playing badly. I thought them playing so badly was a fluke against Australia, but after a second very poor game it's really making me think that we could beat them if we meet in the final unless they turn their form around real quick"

They;ve got too much of an individualistic mentality and it is going to bite them in the ass. Australia really should have won that game. If it weren't for some brainfarts down the stretch we would have. We can definitely beat them. In fact, I am starting to think anyone in the top 8 has a real shot.

"Oh wow ... 23-5 lead early and from that point on Serbia outscored USA by 15. Pity they couldn't get it done."

I am glad they couldn't. I wouldn't want them riding that kind of high going into the quarters incase we meet them in the semis.

Either way, the road map to defeating the USA is there. Australia established it, Serbia has added to it, and very soon someone is going to come in and perfect it. Hopefully it's Australia.

Reply #594925 | Report this post

whiskers32  
Years ago

Coach K. Showing his intelligence again by moving on before the next international tournament. I believe he understands that the NBA and the rules they play by do not prepare team USA players for the international game, and this will bring them unstuck at the next world cup.

Reply #597377 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Coach K was always leaving after Rio anyway but Colangelo was an idiot to say the rest of the world now need to pull their socks up to match it with the USA.

Half of their wins were by 10 points or less and two were by just 3 points each. They were fortunate to even make it to the gold medal game.

Reply #597382 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yeah, that's just bizarre. Demolished two teams that were also demolished by everyone else in the pool, and a team that got within three of them earlier in the tournament.

The margin against Australia flattered them, too.

Reply #597393 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:38 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754