koberulz
Years ago

Using Olympic Site in Firefox

Has anyone managed to get the Olympics website to work in Firefox? It's literally never worked for me, I keep getting 'an unknown error occurred' when trying to sign in (the free content works though). Channel 7 tech support have been no help, I'm just running through an endless loop of 'is Flash up to date? Is Firefox up to date? Is Flash up to date?'

Am I the only one having this issue, or have others encountered it?

Topic #39759 | Report this topic

Weldz  
Years ago

I just logged in and watching 7mate streaming on firefox

Reply #594568 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

I've been able to watch the premium content in Firefox. I use NoScript and had to ensure the script options were set to allow all of the third party links. Havign doen that, I've had no Firefox specific problems streaming content.

When I've had problems it's been at the server end. They seem not to have allowed for the demand and it's impossible to view much of the content much of the time (I'm getting sick of the 'On your marks' graphic and video timelines jumping forwards and backwards at random). Those problems are browser independent as I've tested Chrome and IE as well as Firefox, with no differences in performance and accessibility of content.

It's worth trying premium access if you're a Telstra customer and so get it for free but I wouldn't pay for it.

Reply #594576 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Weird. I don't use NoScript, I've got all my ad and tracking blockers disabled...

Reply #594577 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Do you get a specific error code? Any proxies in Firefox or custom DNS?

Reply #594583 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

No proxies, no custom DNS.

Reply #594609 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:57 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754