Guy Incognito
Years ago

Best atmosphere at SA Premier League games?

Which state league club do you feel brings the best and worst experience for fans?

The answer to the question lies in the seating, the food/drink facilities, the car parking, the music/MC announcer, the restroom facilities etc

Topic #39767 | Report this topic

PL  
Years ago

I think the best generally is Mars. But I've been to one game at Morphett Vale this year & that was right up there. Good crowd, very vocal. Not sure if I just picked the right week (vs Norwood last week) or if it's like that every week?

Worst... I find St Clair uncomfortable & not that atmospheric. Marion & Hillcrest are uncomfortable but can have great atmosphere.

Reply #594786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the tigers court announcer ruins it for me

Reply #594846 | Report this post

Wwizard  
Years ago

Southern gets pretty excited, but yes....the court announcer is quite annoying at times and hard to understand

Reply #594938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturts court announcer is easily the worst. And the atmosphere is already dead there.

Reply #594970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville is getting torn down so they are doing anything right now to make things better. Seating is so bad that you don't even feel like your at a game. You're better off standing.

Sturt and Southern are just mumbling fools. Do they not test their sound system knowing that there is a relay or echo. Maybe they should tell their announcers to stop drinking while talking.

Port Adelaide, Marion and Hillcrest - horrendous all round including the courts! Not a good idea to have the announcer just outside of the bar also.

Forrestville and Adelaide Hills at least it's a better set up for seating and announcers. Norwood is good, just not enough seating which is a shame.

Reply #597194 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:21 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754