Anonymous
Years ago

reserves womens finals

i just heard that west adelaide are now not playing tonight in the final. does anyone know why?

Topic #3977 | Report this topic

Bottles  
Years ago

I think it's because Forestvile protested because west did not have enough qualified players for finals but they still played in last weeks finals. Norwood also protested against North and now Norwood are straight through to the grandfinal instead of North. North now play Forestvile in tonights final insted of West V's Norwood
I think that's what happened...

Reply #46278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats a bit harsh on sturt then who missed out by 1 point. should sturt be playing forestville and the other 2 teams be disqualified completly.

do you know which players were not qualified to play

Reply #46280 | Report this post

Who Qualified?  
Years ago

North should not be disqualified completely - they had the double chance. Plus I could hardly see them deliberately stacking their team as they had the ABA grand final that weekend!!
Sturt could be seen as very unlucky - if West did indeed have players who hadn't qualified in their game - West had quite a few of the ABA'ers playing who played well against Sturt(particularly Kate Jenner) and still only won by 1 point against a team of mostly juniors.

Reply #46286 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It's a bit harsh to be too critical of West cause the player that didn't qualify had a legitimate knee injury throughout the season and missed games because of this - they also weren't a regular starter at ABA. Seems a bit petty by Forrestville.

Reply #46294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, I don't see anyone being overly critical of West - it was probably just an oversight to not get injury dispensation or honest mistake. No-one said they were regular starters either. Just that they haven't qualified.

However to say that Forestville were petty for following the rules is a bit off too. And if it was the girl with the big knee brace - she hit 2 or 3 3's and played well against Sturt the week before, so perhaps they wouldn't have even been playing Forestville if West hadn't played her or if Sturt were "petty"...

Reply #46297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who were the players from North.

I dont think its fair that west get kicked out and north still get another chance.

i think they both should go and sturt get put in.

Reply #46299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does anyone know the actuall rule for a player to be qualified

Reply #46300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #46302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that this is stupid. I am in the west team and it is really disappointing to be kicked out like that. This particular player missed out by one game and i believe that it was verbally agreed on that it was fine for her to play as it was her injury which kept her out. Can we have a rematch :-( but then againit still wouldnt be fair that she wouldnt be allowed to play in that

Reply #46320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WHAT IM NOT UNDERSTANDING IS WHY DOES WEST KICKED OUT BUT NORTH GET ANOTHER SHOT. I KNOW THEY GOT THAT SECOND CHANCE THING BUT TO ME YOU CHEAT YOU LOSE. IF ONE TEAM GETS KICKED OUT THEN THE OTHER SHOULD TO

(Mod: Pssst, check this out...)

Reply #46324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed that if West have to miss out then it is only fair that North does as well. Surely an injury is a fair reason, but what was North's reason for playing an unqualified player.

Reply #46327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is it a fact of disqualification cost west the 3/4 final therefore they lose on a forfeit

if north were playing for 1/2 and forfeit they are entitled to play the winner of 3/4 for the chance to play the grand finalist

make sense to me and i'm not from any of the clubs involved

Reply #46338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too right anon.

North forfeited the match - so they get a "L". They've earned the right to get the double chance by finishing top 2 over the season.

To the West player - what isn't fair is not that you were kicked out "that way" - but that other teams that were (Sturt) or nearly were (Forestville) eliminated "that way" - teams that managed to field eligible players being eliminated by teams that weren't. Having said that, I'm sure it was a misunderstanding, I don't think anyone believes it was a deliberate rort, but the other teams ensured they knew who qualified for their teams. Whilst it is impossible to know for sure, some may suggest you might not have beaten Sturt by 1 point with a qualified team.

Reply #46361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It actually shows that some clubs care more about stupid rules than actually playing.

Sturt chose not to bother protesting, or even trying to look up about eligibilty. They played against West on merrit and the team the West though honnored the rules.

But Forestville have always tried to find out when clubs have made honest mistakes. IMO it shows a lack of character from Forestville.

Reply #46364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#46364)

i actually think that is harsh

before you start i am not from forestville nor from sturt

whether clubs choose or not choose to protest is up to them.

some chose not to win by those means but if teams are not challenged in general not just using these particular teams doesn't it get out of hand.

the point i am trying to make, if it wasn't for teams or clubs that protest some clubs would try or continue sometimes by legimate mistake sometimes not (not pointing the finger or aportioning blame on anyone) these clubs do have to be brought to account.

don't we all - or at least some - bitch on here about NBL clubs rorting the salary cap don't tell me we wouldn't want brisbane or sydney to be brought to account and if we thought we knew the secret we wouldn't be tempted to inform the nbl?

where is the difference?

Reply #46375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there is a difference because this is reserves women, not nbl

Reply #46379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the player in question for West has played reserves for years

too say Forrestville is petty and picky is being about as nice as possible

haven't forrestville cronies worked in the BASA office before, why else would someone scan over the score sheets for reserves

Reply #46396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't have any rules....then West and North wouldnt break them and petty Forestville wouldnt have to be petty

Reply #46439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West and North are cheats or are lazy! How hard is it to get an injury clearance for finals...not very i can assure you. Rules are rules! If a club is run by incompetent twits that can't follow simple procedures to insure that there is no foul play involved at any age group then stuff em...once again they are either dumb, lazy or cheats!...most probably a mixture of all three.

Reply #46449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

46449 - you miss the point from before when it was mentioned that verbal agreement was reached for the injured player to play in finals (who is dumb now) and don't even suggest West were cheating cause you are so far off the mark it is not funny.

Reply #46450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who is the reserves sturt coach. Does anyone know how he or the team feels about the situation

Reply #46452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are dumb 46450. Anyone who thinks that a verbal agreement is enough in this situation is dumb. Who did they have an agreement with...Father Christmas, is that it is it, excuse me Santa, but I would like to play in the reserves finals please for Christmas, can I please, can I? Tool!

Reply #46466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who won the pre lims last night anyway. I believe it was Forestville vs North in the girls, and North vs West in the men.

Reply #46467 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Tues night- Div2 men- North d West by 2 points in a great game.

Div5 Men- West d Woodville by 2 after trailing early

Mon- Div3 Men- F/ville d West by 1 in o-time

Reply #46486 | Report this post

Bottles  
Years ago

North had a player who had played 9 games and they thought that was enough. but apparently during the season it was changed to 12 games . thats all that happened!!! there as no cheating or laziness SETTLE DOWN!

Reply #46489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Anon, you are the one that must be stupid...The west player has played reserves for the last 3 years, doesnt start in ABA, plays min minutes...West simply forgot to lodge the letter, no cheating, no laziness...just an error. Congrats to Forestville for being so anal as to check up, then lodge a protest. They are within the law, but they have lost the spirit...

Reply #46518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who won the Forestville v North reserve women's game?

Reply #46559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FORESTVILLE BY ABOUT 2 THINK

Reply #46561 | Report this post

S  
Years ago

Quite honestly, its not hard to make a phone call and see who is qualified for finals and who isn't. I played in the reserves finals, and I know our coach rang BASA to check who was qualified. I also know that we had an injured player who didnt qualify and we applied for her to play. This was turned down by BASA and the player didnt play. Very simple, it just took 1 phone call to clear things up.

Reply #46593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have also asked BASA re eligibility of players. and it tooik them until after the game to get back to us.

Agree with those above who think that Forestville show a lack of sportsmanship. They could have warned the other club of their impending situation rather than wait until after the game.

Reply #46595 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:05 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754