LC
Years ago

Venky Jois chooses Europe over NBL

Venky Jois has signed to play in Europe with Estonian side Tartu Rock, choosing Europe over the NBL as he chases his dream of playing in the NBA.

Venky Jois signs in Europe as a pathway to the NBA

Is the potential chance to play in the new Basketball Champions League with an Estonian team a better pathway to the NBA than the NBL?

Topic #39772 | Report this topic

proud  
Years ago

What team would he have been a good fit at ?

He's a tremendous big but would he get the court time needed to make the NBL a good NBA pathway

Reply #595057 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Great stuff, good luck to young Venky I hope he does really well overseas.

East Washington is almost up there with Saint Mary's, with no less than five Aussies on their roster this coming season they are very international.

Venky has done well at college level, strong young man with some future...

Reply #595128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I could watch this guys highlights all day. One of the best aussie dunkers we have at the moment, very impressive athleticism. He's probably smart in taking this path as his game most likely won't be noticed by scouts until seen playing at a high level.

Reply #595138 | Report this post

BasketballRUs  
Years ago

Would have enjoyed watching him play in the NBL live and see his progress. From my understanding, Tartu Rock will give Venky the opportunity to play the three/four role which he needs to develop to be more attractive to NBA teams. Good luck Venky Jois!

Reply #595159 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:30 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754