Interested
Years ago

Best imports not in NBL

Who are the best non NBL imports? Which league is strongest for imports, SEABL, Bug V, QBL, WSBL or the SA League?

Topic #39779 | Report this topic

RMQ  
Years ago

Probably the NBA.

Reply #595005 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

You missed NSW Waratah League. And it's gotta be SEABL for sure i.e. Jeremy Kendle this year is killing it, could be on an NBL roster. However, CJ Massingale was a SEABL legend a few years back and came up to the NBL and was shyt. So you never know - state league to NBL is a big jump

Reply #595008 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

They're all a bit crook when it comes to standard of imports but obviously SEABL is a higher standard than all the state leagues.

Reply #595010 | Report this post

Interested  
Years ago

Haha. Obviously I meant in Australia!

So it would go SEABL... Then Big V? In terms of quality.

Reply #595011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seabl. Daylight.

JVG was in Bendigo last week. Kendle I assume.

They have already trialled Garrett Jackson form NWT. Handy player but no outside game. Known quantity. Let's not forget DQ had a shot as well and didn't deliver.
Massingale was recruited at the end of his career. Should have been recruited in his prime.

Reply #595013 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

Massingale was also in a system that didn't work... for him or the team.....

Reply #595043 | Report this post

Interested  
Years ago

Who are the best imports in WSBL & QBL?

Reply #595044 | Report this post

JK  
Years ago

Dan Alex

Reply #595047 | Report this post

JK  
Years ago

Silly phone.

Daniel Alexander from Lakeside impressed at the combine puts up 28/12. Kevin Davis fron Joondalup is great, puts up 21/11 in less than 30min most games. Perth's Jourdan Demunik is good but every game i've seen him in he sulks. Not as good with the reigonal and SOR teams someone else could help there

Reply #595048 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

SBL - Tre Nichols, Marcus Goode, Cooper Land, Daniel Alexander, Bryton Hobbs

QBL - Chris Whitehead, James Legan, Erron Maxey, Jordan Gregory, Ray Willis, Tanner McGrew

Reply #595052 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Lebron James

Reply #595084 | Report this post

Dexter St Jock  
Years ago

Luke Payne for Lakeside a few years back was the best import I have seen ever (in the SBL).

Reply #595704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The best imports are not in the NBL. CORRECT!

Reply #595711 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I think some young guys playing COE, probably all of them, could go from SEABL (to college) then to NBL or higher, however this thread may be looking for names of those outside the AIS.

Agree that SEABL is way ahead of State leagues in most of the teams, however at times the lowest ranked SEABL team isn't that far ahead of the best State league teams, especially here in Victoria.

It isn't always the best player either, it is more about what the NBL is looking for compared with how SEABL teams play, the fit isn't always the same (rarely is actually).

I recall one of my favorite SEABL players Ismail Mohammad killing it in SEABL, but no NBL team needed a slasher who dunked like a monster then, imagine if he was in his peak now, maybe it would be different the way the NBL is heading...

Reply #596071 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

And, yes, I know COE players are not imports!

My point was about the complexity of an import fitting in at the right time.

Reply #596072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kendle at bendigo best i seen this year in seabl
daylight second

Reply #596277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Roy Booker will be at Bauru Basketball not Minas in the Brazilian NBB. Big club who split Real Madrid 1/1 in Intercontinental Cup end of last year and played New York Knicks & Wizards in NBA preseason games.

Reply #599621 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:47 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754