Anonymous
Years ago

Basketball Drills for 7-10 yo players

Hi guys,

I coach a team of players between the ages 7-10. I have a rough program that I follow given to me. Mostly this program and the drills I search on the net for kids are made up of kids type games. Things like dribble relays, or shooting elimination games which I feel are more for pre 7-year-old kids. I want to do more game type drills for them. Can anyone advise a good site they may have experience in using for this?

Topic #39782 | Report this topic

getonboard  
Years ago

google plenty out there

Reply #595122 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

There still hasn't been a better drill invented than the Mikan drill IMO. It might seem old hat, but you really need to get those fundamentals locked down.

Reply #595158 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Getonboard this is a basketball forum mate. Give it a rest with the sanctimonious 'Google it' crap. People come here to ask questions and generate discussion.

Reply #595191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Getonboard this is a basketball forum mate. Give it a rest with the sanctimonious 'Google it' crap. People come here to ask questions and generate discussion.

Reply #595192 | Report this post

getonboard  
Years ago

mike, if you google , you will get more info than you will get in a post. EG. the mikan drill has been suggested, but to know what it is the guy needs to google it.

Reply #595204 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Start with these and see if they give you enough to get going:
- coach's clipboard
- breakthrough basketball
- basketball4all
- basketballcoaching101
- and anything by Ganon Baker

Reply #595310 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

BTW my guys are 10 years old. I found those through Google, and use them often

Reply #595312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks hoopie. Exactly what I needed. I know of a lot of sites that have coaching methods but 1st hand experience of what people use is the most useful.

Also thanks Jick for the Mikan drill suggestion. Haven't heard of that before so Ill take a look.

Reply #595970 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:22 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754