Jick
Years ago

Anatoly Bose back in Australia?

He was playing in the Sydney University Lions team that lost to Washington U last week - is he back playing in Australia now??

Topic #39784 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anatoly Bose is dead. Anatoly Kolesnikov is alive

Reply #595203 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

The Toly is dead, Long Live The Toly!

I saw him feature as well, I think he's still finishing off a degree of sorts, and I think he signed back up last season to his team in the Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan... maybe he's just back on holiday? Think he got married to a local last year, but his numbers aren't looking that impressive... I don't know much, well, anything about that league, but got to be some sort of reason why he's content to only play 15mpg and put up that few shots...

How nice would it be to round out the Kings with him, though...

Reply #595212 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

He was playing under the name Bose in this game.

Didn't have a good game imo, must have shot about 2/10. A bit strange his career never kicked on, he seemed very promising in his first Sydney King season.

Reply #595241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does he have two different surnames? #dodgy

I think he is getting paid $$$ as the Kazakh team he plays for in the United League (Russia plus other countries league) would be desperate for decent locals. So he gets overpaid as there aren't that many decent locals.

Reply #595276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From memory, didn't he have a not-so-high opinion of the NBL too? But yeah, the domestic Kazakh league isn't great, but he plays for the powerhouse and would earn decent $$$, plus the VTB/Eurocup are higher quality comps.

Reply #595290 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I saw him at the FIBA Asia Champs last year, isn't much of a player these days. He didn't have a great rookie season here, but his last few NBL games were outstanding and suggested he could develop into a very good offensive player, but not to be.

Reply #595293 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yeah, by some accounts at the time, he was paid very well for his rookie year but struck me as a great talent that didn't like to work for it... I think from memory his rookie numbers were pretty good considering he seemed to hardly ever get out of second gear... Was disappointed at the time to lose him to overseas as was really looking forward to building something with some good young talent at the Kings at the time (regardless of the record that season).

Seems to be content to be paid pretty well to do very little and not actually reach his potential, which is a shame...

As for Bose vs Kolesnikov, he's still Bose on the facebook, perhaps it's a paperwork thing to be a proper local over there?

Reply #595340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Proper local, wtf? Someone is channeling their inner Dazz from the heritage thread.

Reply #595405 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

lol fair call... yesterday was a bit of an inner Dazz day all round... I meant that maybe there was some weird requirement that maybe he had to prove citizenship in some way and it was easier to just change his name or something, who knows... I was just assuming some wacky Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan thing...

Reply #595556 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:35 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754