Oregon Al
Years ago

Lance Hurdle, Anyone?

Blast from the past. Played QBL this season.
21.ppg 46.4 fg% 36.1 3pt%
4.4 reb
3.4 asst.

Cairns, Illawarra, Sydney, and Perth have spots but do any have a need for his skill set?

Was solid with the Hawks at NBL level and seems to have recovered fine from ACL tear 3 years ago.

Topic #39792 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

You can count Perth out, they have a full roster already.

Reply #595335 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

He was just OK at the Hawks and the league has moved up a few notches since then so its a NO from me.

Reply #595336 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

And pretty certain you can rule the Kings out as well, as it should be assumed that we will have at least two local marquee players...

Reply #595339 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Unless I'm mistaken the Bullets have an spare import roster spot, and could use another guard that can space the floor.

Gibson, Beal, Bruce and Hurdle would be a pretty decent guard rotation to round out an imposing front court.

Reply #595346 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

The Taipans have a six foot point guard in Trice. They won't be looking for another one. They need a stretch 4-5 to back up Nate.

Reply #595350 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'd like him back as I remember him being humble and well liked league wide but I'd hate him up in Cairns as it kills the court time for Gliddon and McCarron and I think they will be an awesome duo this year.

I'd like him back but it won't happen

Reply #595372 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Would b as clever as hiring Ebi Ere!!

Reply #595375 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

In a 3 import league, he'd be a pretty handy pickup, as the 2nd or 3rd import. He had his moments.

Reply #595376 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Agreed Mo.

Reply #595393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

coached against him in the QBL this season. He is not a NBL quality player anymore. Was on a lower ranked team this year and had the ball in his hands A LOT. There are much better guys out there like Jeremy Kendle

Reply #595395 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Why do people look back upon average imports and want them back? I mean, Lance Hurdle, Dunigan, Diamon Simpson; these guys are just 'okay' and it is easy enough to find better.

Reply #595398 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Dunigan and Simpson made far more impact in the NBL than Hurdle.

My guess is that their asking price rather than their ability stopped them returning.

Reply #595399 | Report this post

Asics Gel  
Years ago

Imagine a team signed Dunnigan, Simpson and Hurdle?

Surely they would be championship favorites

Reply #595418 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:01 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754