Vic Wildcat
Years ago

Refs at the Olympics

I'm not one to be critical of refs in any form, but some of the calls and subsequent tech fouls have been downright strange at this tournament. Watching Argentina and Spain this morning and the amount of tech fouls for bugger all was amazing. I'm really glad NBL refs are a little more thick skinned. The calls at times are mystifying.

Topic #39793 | Report this topic

Andy  
Years ago

The technical fouls called in todays Spain/Argentina game were laughable, that particular ref needs to be sacked asap.

Reply #595384 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yep, that bloke fell into the trap NBL refs do, giving a warning or tech for flopping and then feeling obliged to punish anyone who falls over thereafter!

Reply #595394 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

little testosterone wankers....as usual

Reply #595400 | Report this post

Chi  
Years ago

My issue is that they are completely inconsistent and given the closeness of some of the games I'm genuinely worried they will cost someone a medal.

Reply #595402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The commissioner at these Games is none other than NBL great Billy Mildenhall... #NBLstyle

Reply #595404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bill is one of 6 commissioners

Reply #595408 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

The refs in Opals/Serbia called everything for the first three quarters and then come the last they wouldn't even call an elbow!

I understand it's difficult for everyone as they all have their own style but it hasn't been a great spectacle !

Reply #595492 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:42 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754