Triple Clutch
Years ago

Premier League Finals

So I watched the Austral media finals preview today as I wanted to catch up on the second half of the season since I've missed a few weeks.

After Dougy finished taking about Doyle playing for the Eagles, I checked the 6ers schedule which confirmed they will still be away in Darwin this week, so their predictions are invalid. It's a shame those two couldn't just make a couple of calls to present an accurate show instead of the waste of time they currently produce. I like their effort but it's an F for execution.

So, knowing 36ers are unavailable this week, who will get the wins? I would say Woodville by 8 even without Darren and Norwood by 11 since DJ won't be around. ib the girls, Southern at home by 6 & North by 13.

Who do you have for this week & for the whole finals? Should Southern men & Norwood women be heavy favourites?

Topic #39815 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti's Darwin preview only mentions Sobey and Teys missing their final game in NT:

Nathan Sobey and Brendan Teys will miss the third match due to previous commitments.

Reply #596161 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Week 1:

Women: Norwood with a break.
Tigers v Bearcats @ Morphett Vale: Cats haven't beaten the Tigresses all season, unlikely to start now.
Rockets v Eagles @ Hillcrest. Bye, bye birdie.

Men: Tigers with a break
Norwood v Sturt: Grab your popcorn and get ready for some argy bargy. Sturt grow an extra leg in finals, but the Norwood old timers are too crafty and will control the game like the CIA control anti-government rebels.
Warriors v Eagles: Eagles are too old and too slow for the faster, younger Warriors, who should squeeze past the Eagles if they keep their heads in the game.

Week 2:
Women:
Norwood v Tigers: Barring all ISIS action, Norwood's fresh legs will be just one of the factors going their way.
Bearcats v North: These teams are evenly matched and this will be like two cousins fighting over a toy at their grandparents. I'm thinking Norf might just sneak this one.

Men:
Tigers v Flames: If week 1 was good, this should be great. I'm thinking Tigers will maul the Flames. No soup for J Diddy this week.
Sturt v Warriors: Sturt won't lose two in a row. Like having to pay tax, you'll have to say a Sturt win should be certain. Warriors needs a clever accountant or else finish their tax return early.

Reply #596254 | Report this post

Eddie69  
Years ago

Elimination Finals; Women, North Adelaide v. Forestville. The Rockets have been thereabouts for most of this season. They won the title from a similar position in 2014, but seem a little lighter on talent this year. Forestville started slowly but worked themselves into a finals spot and have covered the loss quite well of some key players over the past few years. Hillcrest and their passionate supporters will provide the Rockets with an opportunity to advance, but it will be one that slips through their fingers. The Eagles in a 2pt thriller, maybe even going into overtime.

Men; Woodville v. Forestville. What a match up. After a 3 point nail-biting win at the Showground in July, the Eagles will go in with confidence. Who will gain the vital ascendency to propel them to the Semi Final? This game has the potential to go right down to the wire, but I think the margin will be a comfortable 18 points. The Warriors have a bit to prove and Forestville might have spent everything they had when they triumphed last time. Woodville will travel next weekend, while the Eagles make end of season arrangements with a Travel Agent.

Qualifying Finals; Women, Southern Tigers and West Adelaide. After a lengthy period of ordinary years, the Tigers have finally found their mojo and look real hungry. The Bearcats made it to the Semi Finals last year and have finished two spots higher this time. West will give this a good shake, but look to be a player short of really matching it in Morphett Vale. After a tense first half, Southern will run away with it by 25 points. West will need its 2nd chance and next week at Port Adelaide, they might even live to fight another day.

Men; Norwood v. Sturt. A classic for all ages in the SANFL, and in the BSA Premier League too. The Flames have as good a top four players as anyone, well drilled and experienced. Sturt has a great opportunity for redemption and if they can quell the influence of two of the big four, they will give themselves a huge chance of heading South next week for the Big Cat battle. Pencil the Sabres in for this one by 8 points.

This post is just my thoughts, and you may agree or disagree. Anything can happen on game night. Get along to one of these games and witness some high quality Basketball. Show your support and enjoy the contests.

Reply #596360 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:15 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754