Eddie69
Years ago

BSA Premier League Finals week 1

Elimination Finals; Women, North Adelaide v. Forestville. The Rockets have been thereabouts for most of this season. They won the title from a similar position in 2014, but seem a little lighter on talent this year. Forestville started slowly but worked themselves into a finals spot and have covered the loss quite well of some key players over the past few years. Hillcrest and their passionate supporters will provide the Rockets with an opportunity to advance, but it will be one that slips through their fingers. The Eagles in a 2pt thriller, maybe even going into overtime.

Men; Woodville v. Forestville. What a match up. After a 3 point nail-biting win at the Showground in July, the Eagles will go in with confidence. Who will gain the vital ascendency to propel them to the Semi Final? This game has the potential to go right down to the wire, but I think the margin will be a comfortable 18 points. The Warriors have a bit to prove and Forestville might have spent everything they had when they triumphed last time. Woodville will travel next weekend, while the Eagles make end of season arrangements with a Travel Agent.

Qualifying Finals; Women, Southern Tigers and West Adelaide. After a lengthy period of ordinary years, the Tigers have finally found their mojo and look real hungry. The Bearcats made it to the Semi Finals last year and have finished two spots higher this time. West will give this a good shake, but look to be a player short of really matching it in Morphett Vale. After a tense first half, Southern will run away with it by 25 points. West will need its 2nd chance and next week at Port Adelaide, they might even live to fight another day.

Men; Norwood v. Sturt. A classic for all ages in the SANFL, and in the BSA Premier League too. The Flames have as good a top four players as anyone, well drilled and experienced. Sturt has a great opportunity for redemption and if they can quell the influence of two of the big four, they will give themselves a huge chance of heading South next week for the Big Cat battle. Pencil the Sabres in for this one by 8 points.

This post is just my thoughts, and you may agree or disagree. Anything can happen on game night. Get along to one of these games and witness some high quality Basketball. Show your support and enjoy the contests.

Topic #39827 | Report this topic

Triple Clutch  
Years ago

Going by stats only but Forestville women eliminate North in what was a bit of a surprise to me. North at a cross roads now I'd say. Can Forestville take it to the Tigers next week?

West over Tigers maybe not a huge surprise but to do so easily at M Vale was unexpected. West with a chance to make the GF if they can knock off Norwood at Mars.

Seemed as though Sturt vs Norwood men was game of the night, probably as expected. If these teams meet again you'd have to favour Sturt with DJ but Norwood get first crack at Southern next week. I actually think they can cause an upset down there as they have a significant edge in finals experience.

Woodville predictably took care of Forestville without Doyle. Mediocre season for Forestville & just not enough fire power. Kirksey would have to keep his form up to threaten Sturt next week. Will Ng play finals?

Interesting matchups ahead, people should make an effort to go see a game next week with no Olympics on!

Reply #596593 | Report this post

Eddie69  
Years ago

Definitely be good seeing people out at these finals Triple Clurch, the Olympics and the Showdown probably kept some away.

West Adelaide might be a smokey for the women, it will be real hard at Norwood, but playing well at the right time of the year. Tigers might have thought they had it in the bag like everyone else and didn't come ready to play. Forestville excelled and will take some confidence into next week.

Sturt and Woodville men will be interesting. Darren Ng is no certainty, but Darnell might have him on the bench. I still think he would not be ready, but who knows. Sabres beat Warriors both times this year. DJ might have a little bit of influence in this one, but NK4 and Bridgey might have some answers.

Southern and Norwood, 3 players against 4. Depends whose lesser lights wants to shine the brightest. A Webber, I think will have the final say here, if he can get under the skin of the Tigers, (should read when he gets under their skin). Might not be too many celebrations for either Tiger team at Morphett Vale.

Reply #596602 | Report this post

Eddie69  
Years ago

Typo, sorry Triple Clutch

Reply #596603 | Report this post

Wwizard  
Years ago

Whereas several weeks ago, Webber struggled early and the Tigers faithful gave it to him. Finished off the game quite decent but once the lead blew out, it killed off Norwoods chance to win.

Will be close, but expect the Tigers to win after a few nerves early on.

Expect Sturt to win through by a good number.

Reply #596701 | Report this post

Triple Clutch  
Years ago

Am I alone in thinking Norwood are title favourites in both men & women?

Reply #596967 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

Yes

Reply #597249 | Report this post

Triple Clutch  
Years ago

Reply #597258 | Report this post

Triple Clutch  
Years ago

You disagree with one or both?

Reply #597259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it's because most people would prefer to see Norwood not win anything. But there is a real good chance they could both replicate last years success. I feel that both won't play next weekend. The girls had their day off a few weeks ago and will destroy both of their opponents over the next 2 games. I think the Flame Boys have still got enough left in the tank but might have to refuel next week

Reply #597361 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:34 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754