Anonymous
Years ago

Opals team chemistry?

While watching the Boomers I noticed only 2/3 of the team decided to stay for the entirety of the Olympics, with four players (Taylor, Phillips, Mitchell and Cambage) leaving a few days after their loss. Basketball is a team sport, why was it even an option for individual players to leave when they feel they have had enough? What happened to the old team attitude of Opals basketball? It was surely missing on the court this tournament, and it seems to be missing off the court as well. I particularly expected Taylor to stay, seeing as she was given the captaincy without much involvement with the Opals since Istanbul, and Phillips, as she was given a vice-captaincy.

Topic #39833 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Years ago

They were eliminated, the tournament was over, what does it matter? Do you expect them to spend their entire lives with each other?

Reply #596778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leilani is there. I totally forgot the Closing Ceremony was on until I saw Laura's Instagram post.

Reply #596791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cambage probably had another festival to go to
Taylor and Philips won't play again and I doubt they had much to celebrate anyway

Did Joyce or any of the assistants stick around.??

Reply #596823 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Some players hefty contracts in the states would require them to go back as soon as their tournament is over - hence why Taylor would of left early.

Reply #596973 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:30 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754