Jick
Years ago

Best and worst signings in the NBA off-season

Best: Kevin Durant. DERR 2 years, $54.4 million. You would pay anything to get this guy on your team. Point-scoring god.

Clarkson. 4 years, $50 million. Very good value for this guy. This contract will look better and better as time goes on

Worst: Ryan Anderson. 4 years, $80 million. Yay let's pay big money for a guy who can't defend a chair.

Anderson Varejao. Absolute poop player these days, should NOT ever be on the floor. waste of a roster spot. 1 year, $1.5 million

I also don't rate the Harrison Barnes & Mozgov signings.

Topic #39844 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Varejao will be more a locker room guy, for that price he'd be invaluable to help young guys. Definitely agree he's got nothing left on the court but is a big body that can still guard the post and give 6 fouls.
Jury would be out on Barnes, can he make the next step from being talented bench player living in the shadows to trying to take the torch from Dirk. Worth the gamble given Dallas's struggles attracting free agents which I find surprising.
And Mozgov, words fail me but good luck to him.
Biyombo a surprise for me, where will he fit in a suddenly loaded and similar skill set in orlando, poor man's Ben Wallace and look what happened to him when he left a comfortable home in Detroit.
Pity New Yorks pick ups weren't 5 years ago, has Noah got anything left in the tank, will bring the leadership and enthusiasm but can the body hold up.
Waiters in Miami could be interesting, has the talent but terrible mindset, will he emerge as the bargain or will sink into obscurity. With Wade gone will get the minutes.
And finally Javale Magee, the shaqtin a fool legend and hall of famer. If he just can rebound and protect the rim and provide 3 dumb plays a game to entertain then GSW might beat 73.

Reply #597176 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

With all the money flying around, you pick a guy earning $1.5mil, who will barely play?

Reply #597177 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:08 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754