Anonymous
Years ago

Pre-season - Perth vs Cairns

Game 1 tonight and game 2 Saturday. No Hire, Martin or Kenny for the Cats and you would assume at least no Jawaii for Cairns.

Does anyone know if there will be a live stream?

http://www.wildcats.com.au/featured-news/cairns-taipans-pre-season-series/

Topic #39876 | Report this topic

Aussie  
Years ago

Any live stats?

Reply #597908 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Any live streaming or recording?

If this finds its way onto youtube I'd be very keen to take a look at the 5 new imports

Reply #597910 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yeah, would love it if there was a stream, some new faces that would be great to get a look at...

Reply #597916 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

According to Wildcats FB, no live stream.

Reply #597917 | Report this post

7 time champs  
Years ago

Any idea when Prather will come? Would love if they could show all pre season games from all teams, I can't see a reason why not?

5 weeks to go, still feels feels like a lifetime. All that matters who wins post season not pre season.

Reply #597936 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Anyone with a stats link?

Reply #597967 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/71150/18/05/43/72Y2B2dIBByg/

Reply #597973 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Legend thanks! Cairns are going to be top 4 this year, imports are great. Underrated team.

Reply #597974 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Should be a great season.

Reply #597975 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Seems like it's Taipans vs Wilcats atm.
6 Taipans have already hit a 3 and we're only a couple of minutes into the 2nd quarter

Reply #597983 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

McKay seems promising, 10pts 5rebs early on

Reply #597984 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

...and the live stats froze, classic

Reply #597985 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

dammit live stats!!!!

Reply #597986 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Carins 51 Perth 45 Half time

Reply #597989 | Report this post

Interested Scout  
Years ago

Any One go to the game? Interested to hear how all new imports played.

Reply #597997 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Brandt is NOT GOOD ENOUGH!! Not for the wildcats anyway. He should get more rebounds for his size. Luckily the GREAT MAN KNIGHT is there to keep him from getting too much time.

Reply #597999 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

here's an IDEA Mock, DONT read TOO MUCH into pre SEASON GAMES. There's a reason they CALL it the PRE SEASON, because it happens before the ACTUAL season.

Reply #598010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah mock ease up. It's preseason, everyone just feeling themselves out here. Plus look at Brandt as insurance for when knight does get injured which will happen. He would be a cheaper option than some people think aswell, so there is the business side to his signing.

Reply #598013 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

good one EINSTEIN he wasn't a good rebounder at the Sydney Kings or in 5 years of college either. Is he going to get good in the next month before the season starts? I THINK NOT

Reply #598015 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

well if you're going to bring Einstein into this, I'll drop some facts:

Brandt avg 9 rebounds a game in his first 4 starts, before he did his knee. He dropped to 4RPG the next season, but he was working his way back to full fitness (oh and he avg 12ppg at 50%).

He avg'd 5.29 rebounds a game last year - which was more than Jervis and Jawai. Knight avg'd slightly more at 7, but Matty played 7 minutes more per game.

Now I know the stats don't necessarily match with your feels, but the reality is that Brandt is a pretty decent NBL player. He gives the Wildat's great depth and versatility at 4/5.

Reply #598017 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

(note: 'His first 4 starts' is in reference to his college career)

Reply #598018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mic dropped. Facts always win over emotional based feelings.

Reply #598037 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

Nice work, Podge. You may need to re-read my 3 simple steps for certain posters, just to stay sane.

Reply #598038 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

*feels uneasy at Podge being the voice of reason and all-out winning with logic and statistics*

ah well, it's the pre-season, always time for things to settle down :)

Sounds like a decent hit out... I don't suppose there have been any hightlights or clips posted? Perth and Cairns are usually pretty good on the social media but both seem to have dropped the ball this time around...

Reply #598041 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Brandt could be a really strong rebounder, the Kings were unfortunately a woeful rebounding TEAM (to borrow Mock's emphasis), and Brandt probably has some bad habits he needs to shake... and Perth is (unfortunately) probably the best place for that to happen.

Reply #598042 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

lucidity is fleeting Wookiee, I doubt my form with translate to the season proper :)

Haven't seen and clips or highlights yet, I'd be surprised if we didn't see something early next week.

Freethrows - the sanity bus left long ago brother.

Reply #598043 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

moc drop.

Reply #598044 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Lucidity and the ability of the Taipans to crack 90ppg? ;)

I love pre-season :)

Reply #598047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Cairns beat last years champs, that means they will win the title this year

#advancedstats

Reply #598048 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

"Lucidity and the ability of the Taipans to crack 90ppg" will now be the title of my autobiography.

Reply #598050 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I was pretty impressed with McKay's stats. Looks to be a very good pick up for Perth. Perth's 3 point shooting was a bit of a concern 4/15, compared to Cairns 15/37.

Perth were without Martin, Kenny, Hire and Prather so I don't think there is too much to get worried about.

Did Brandt get injured ? He played 10:29, all in the first half I believe.

Reply #598068 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Was impressed with McKay too. I think he will play some power forward with Brandt and Knight splitting time at centre

Reply #598069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can't compare two guys rebounding stats from different teams like that. One guy might have better rebounding teammates or have a team that misses more thereby giving more rebound opportunities. Alternatively one defense may force more missed shots than another

Reply #598088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trice already showing his class. Could be a MVP contender

Reply #598090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People were saying that about the Kings' import guard at this stage last year. I don't even remember his name.

Reply #598096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know where Casey Prather is at?

Reply #598098 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Don't let the Snakes scoring outburst fool you.

It is pre season and Fearne doesn't want anyone to scout his wonderful offensive sets so he is obviously letting the guys play and express their talents a bit.

I am very confident that when all the hard work at training pays off and his disciplined offense clicks into gear they will be hitting that 70 pts or so a game that we all know and love.

Reply #598099 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

*crickets*

Reply #598102 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Cairns look pretty decent. They have always been the underdogs and over achieved. If they can do what they did behind the arc as they did with Perth and throw Jawai in the middle they should get a lot of wins.

Reply #598108 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Live stats for game 2 here
http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/71150/18/05/43/72Y2B2dIBByg/

Reply #598129 | Report this post

Greybuoy  
Years ago

Thankyou Train

Reply #598133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

39 fouls to 27 :O

Sounds like a super scrappy game? Anyone there to watch?

4 taipans players fouled out as well

Reply #598136 | Report this post

Manu Feildel  
Years ago

Haha fstos, coming from a Taipans fan, you're exactly right. From memory we have a history of looking potent in the pre-season only to go limper than than a wet dishrag in the season proper. Soft like Charmin baby

Reply #598144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like Johnson is the real deal. Add prather and the cats could be back

Reply #598242 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

I can't find anything on Prather - any reason why he isn't with the team yet?

Reply #598244 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:54 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754