Bear
Years ago

NBL 2016-17 Round 1

While it is still September and my Cats are playing the Hawks with a big chance at the AFL Premiership and the Storm are also looking good in the NRL, I am also hyped up and keen for the start of the NBL season and round 1 looks promising.

Maybe a bit early for tips, but at this stage here is the round and my early thoughts:

Brisbane v Perth - This will be huge and who knows if the Bullets can get it together this early. I think they will get an early lead but the Wildcats may hunt them down in a close one at the end.

New Zealand v Melbourne - Not the dream start for United who have a tough trip to start this season compared with their home run of games last year. The Breakers will probably try to by physical early, not sure if United can hold them at home.

Illawarra v Adelaide - I thin the Hawks will be very solid this year and at home a can't see the 6'ers troubling them.

Sydney v Brisbane - Tough for Brisbane to get Perth then go to Sydney in what will no doubt be a spectacular season opener in the Harbour City. The Kings may get this, but only by 10 points or less.

Perth v Cairns - Not sure if Nate will play, if he does I expect fireworks and a very exciting game. Maybe an upset will be on the cards, but without the big moving brick I will go with the home side.

Melbourne v Adelaide - You guys all know how tough these two starting games will be for the 6'ers, I just can't see them toppling United in their season opener at Hisense.

Topic #39877 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Brisbane v Perth"

This will be huge. Don't know how Perth fans will feel about seeing their best player (Beal) over the past three years at another team.

What do all the other Perth fans think?

Reply #597947 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

My tips:

Perth @ Brisbane - Perth

Melbourne @ NZ - NZ

Adelaide @ Illawara - Illawara

Brisbane @ Sydney - Sydney

Cairns @ Perth - Perth

Adelaide @ Melbourne - Melbourne

Can make a tips thread before every round and look back on them. Expect me to choose Perth every time though, lol.

Reply #597948 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Beal either checking out the local scenery of women or about to start a fight with a teammate.

Reply #598066 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I am a Perth fan and a Beal fan . I wish him luck in Brisbane.
I wouldn't say he was our best player over the 3 years, Ennis and Prather are better imo.

Reply #598071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leroy, great to see him involved, but the NBA cap is just the wrong league to be advertising for this particular photo shoot.

Reply #598115 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I would have Beal behind Martin and Knight too as Perth's best over the past three years.

Reply #598116 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:23 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754