7 time champs
Years ago

Wildcats with 9,133 members

The jungle will be rocking, wondering what other clubs are on atm.

Topic #39893 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

Wow, that's really impressive. Especially since there is still a month before tip off. Well done Wildcats.

http://www.wildcats.com.au/featured-news/pre-season-membership-record/

Reply #598334 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

How many of those are actual season-ticket holders? You can get memberships now for babies, pets, interstate supporters, and that tertiary student membership that gives you no seats, just the right to cheaper tickets if you buy them less than five minutes before the game or whatever it was.

Reply #598335 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Spoke to a guy on the weekend, he got Bullets silver membership after Gold sold out real quick.

To my knowledge, United have not released 7 game memberships, thus breaking a long running tradition with Tigers/United. The last year or two they were released after full memberships but well before the season. I suspect this could mean an increase in uptake of full memberships and the expectation of sell out crowds.

Reply #598337 | Report this post

7 time champs  
Years ago

Still get the money coming in, that's the main thing. Pets dogs all about the $. Still pretty good effort.

Reply #598339 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Basketball is back!

Reply #598373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The record was 9.6k in 14/15 - was that the Ennis effect?

Reply #598377 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yes, that was most definitely the Ennis effect.

When I saw their tweet I too was wondering how many of those 9133 were season ticket holders, and how many were even people, but I figured that asking them was probably pointless.
It's an impressive number regardless.

Reply #598392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ennis Effect and winning a title, as opposed to the Deandre Disaster and losing in the semis.

Reply #598394 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'm really fascinated by how many Sydney have this season, they have new owners and coach and moved to the biggest venue in Australia, wondering how much of an echo you'll get from the ball and commentators or if it will be rocking also.

Can't wait to see us unfurl that championship banner

Reply #598565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

brother bought a 2 game "membership", im sure they've sold plenty of those

Reply #598622 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:38 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754