Zodiac
Years ago

36ers vs Shandong in Adelaide tonight

The first game of the 36ers 3 game series around SA against the Shandong Golden Stars from China.

Tonight's game is in Adelaide at Titanium Security Arena any live scores or live stream?

Anyone know if Jason Thompson & Pooh Jeter will be playing for them?

Topic #39906 | Report this topic

fstos  
Years ago

Stream?

Reply #598644 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Stream?

Reply #598645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can someone open a second entrance? There's a thousand people out here freezing.

Reply #598646 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

So it looks like the 36ers social media person got kept back after school and hasn't made the game... Wouldn't know ANYTHING about the game if it wasn't for a couple of 36ers fans on my timeline...

Reply #598649 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

I've had Sixers videos turn up on my Facebook timeline from the game.

Reply #598651 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Why do they bother with that footage, but not bother to update scores?

That's all they need to do.

Reply #598653 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Final 103-37?

Reply #598654 | Report this post

Iggle Piggle  
Years ago

You can see tonight why the ex NBA players put up redo culprits numbers over there. The Shandong team without there imports would be a bottom 5 ABL team, they did not have one player who would crack the Sixers roster.

The Sixers coasted tonight, could have won by an extra 20 points.

Reply #598655 | Report this post

Iggle Piggle  
Years ago

*rediculous

Reply #598657 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

You want to have a third go at spelling that one?

Reply #598660 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Yes the score could have been worse for Shandong. Our main guys barely played and they ran deep into the bench for most of it.

I don't see the way they played or the fact that they dominated as 'too' promising, necessarily. I think the 36ers will struggle inside against bigger teams and will really need to rely on their fullcourt pressure to win games.

What was promising is just how many people turned up for a preseason game against some team no one has ever heard of. There was a good contingent of Chinese fans there, and overall a good vibe despite the absolute shallacking.

Reply #598662 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Some stats would be nice!

Reply #598664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stats in a stupid and pointless game achieves what?

Reply #598666 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

About the most you could take out of that game is that Drimic and Ferguson looked like pure shooters.
Now they just need to get the opportunities against decent competition.

Ferguson also looks like a crazy athlete, better then Creek.
I doubt he will try many one-handed 360 alley-oops in the real season but it showed his hops off to the crowd.

Reply #598674 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

It was a training drill and nothing more. That said, the Sixers have some nice pieces and will certainly be athletic this year. They can shoot too.

Reply #598675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#36ersFamily, surely the media guy would've atleast for of those coney stupid hashtags in even if kept back at school?

Reply #598685 | Report this post

Indoorkite  
Years ago

Sounds like they would be better off playing a warmup game against their social media kids school team

Reply #598687 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Geez, I hope the two CBA sides in the Australian Basketball Challenge can put up a better fight with their American imports..

Reply #598693 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

I know its only pre season, but I seen the Sixers versus Shandong and i don't see anyone matching them.

The Sixers will win the Chip.

:-)

Reply #598694 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to say and actually mean it....

Reply #598696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But I want to see the stats. Equally pathetic.

Reply #598702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big Ads:.... Ive seen adelaide also and they'll get the wooden spoon, too young idiot

Reply #598708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's called taking the piss

Reply #598709 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

No need to resort to name calling Anon #598708 but here's something to ponder:

The mean age of the Sixer's 2016/17 squad is comparable to the 2007/08 chip winning South Dragons (inc. D. Dillon).

I acknowledge the Sixer's roster has less pro basketball experience than the Dragons roster did at relatively similar ages but you suggest the Sixers are too young and will therefore end the season with the least amount of wins.

A lack of more pro-ball experience yes, perhaps, but not because they are too young.

Oh and don't take stuff too seriously on this forum lad/ladette, have some fun. FWIW I also think United are understandable pre-season favorites to win the chip but the Sixers might.......repeat, might do a "Leicester City".

Reply #598730 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The mean age of the Sixer's 2016/17 squad is comparable to the 2007/08 chip winning South Dragons
Dragons won in 09. They finished towards the bottom of the ladder in 08.

Reply #598731 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Yes, that's right, I meant to write 08/09 (but clearly didn't, thanks for pointing out my error).

I wonder if you'll get a response from Anon to your Cairns, Illawarra and Adelaide chip threads (they made me chuckle).

Reply #598733 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Good thing that's all it was; if you'd actually been looking at the 2008 Dragons' ages it'd undermine your point significantly.

Reply #598734 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Stats in a stupid and pointless game achieves what?
Keeps word out about the team. Appeases fans.

Reply #598818 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:58 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754