koberulz
Years ago

The Perth Wildcats will win the Chip

Two losses and two ties with Cairns in the pre-season, it seems their tic-tac-toe game is better than their basketball at the moment.

But it's pre-season, and smart teams don't want to be peaking now. So while some teams, like Melbourne, look awesome, the Wildcats are obviously pacing themselves to be firing at the right end of the year.

Topic #39914 | Report this topic

twenty four  
Years ago

This idea probably seemed a lot better in your head than it turned out to be.

Reply #598736 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The Perth one specifically, or the idea in general?

The Perth and Sydney threads are definitely weaker than the others. I think the Illawarra one more than makes up for it though.

Reply #598737 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Relax its just a bit of fun. Judging by the time stamps on the posts it looks like KR might of had a bit of a big night lol :P

Reply #598740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahahaha!!! this is really funny and not annoying at all so he definitely should not have stopped after the first one bombed. i am eagerly awaiting the next instalment.

Reply #598743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Sydney and new Zealand ones were not as good for mine

Reply #598744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just waiting for the Breakers will win the chup thread!

Reply #598746 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The Sydney and new Zealand ones were not as good for mine
Sydney was a reach, but I thought the NZ one was alright. Would've been better if the Breakers had won last season and Jackson had retained his 100% record, though.

I think the absolute worst one was the Brisbane one. Just clever enough I figured it was worth posting, and was the point at which I figured "hey, might as well do the whole league!" In for a penny and all that. Then proceeded to run it into the ground and ruin the first three, which on their own were pretty good.

Reply #598752 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Casey Prather is finally back in Perth. Interesting articling on perthnow with Prather stating he has "upgraded his offensive arsenal" and wasn't that far off an NBA gig.

"They kept telling me that I'm pretty much there, it’s just about opportunity and timing," Prather said."

"I feel like I got better in not just going straight to the rim, but creating a bit more with mid-range shots, three-point shots and off-the-dribble shots.

“I’ve upgraded my whole arsenal.”

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/basketball/perth-wildcats-import-casey-prather-excited-to-show-off-upgraded-offensive-arsenal-this-summer/news-story/ce887da7ea18c62e85318aa8d9885f64

Reply #598756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And now he goes back into discussion disagree mode as though he hasn't just acted like a fool.

Reply #598763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The anon who has attacked koberulz in this thread has acted like a much bigger dickhead than koberulz ever has.

Reply #598768 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Maybe add some value to the thread by joining the discussion rather than attacking the OP. Just Lighten up dude it's just a hoops forum.

Reply #598771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Music to the ears to hear prather has been developing his off the dribble and mid range game.

Reply #598778 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Prather and Johnson should be a formidable import combo with plenty of scoring, whereas McKay, and the rest of the team will bring the grunt work, hustle and team play.

As usual, Perth have made less changes to their team than anyone else, and as usual they did very well last season, so as usual I expect they will do well again. Should be top 4, and whether they win the chip will come down to the usual suspects: Injuries, how good their imports turn out to be, and of course the league has improved- so Perth will need to not only maintain the rage but get even better.

Reply #598786 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"Perth Wildcats star power forward Matt Knight will miss up to two months of basketball after injuring his shoulder.

Knight suffered a subluxation of his right shoulder in a training incident on Wednesday.

While, at this stage, he won't require surgery, Wildcats medical staff have prescribed rest, and he will begin rehabilitation on the joint immediately."

Reply #598787 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Is that article from last year or the year before, Luuuc? ;-)

Reply #598788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lucas Walker to replace him...

Reply #598790 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The anon who has attacked koberulz in this thread has acted like a much bigger dickhead than koberulz ever has.
And I agree. It's a chance regardless of the intent to again discuss each team's chances. People doing that instead of posting angrily about it are contributing more to the site.

Reply #598873 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Cats new home uniforms unveiled this morning:

Reply #599488 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Not feeling it.. font should be darker or at least black..

Reply #599490 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm inclined to agree. More contrast would have been better.

In the past the sponsors' logos have been as prominent as the team's identity. Now they're actually more prominent.

Reply #599491 | Report this post

R@nD0m  
Years ago

Looks like a walking billboard rather than an actual basketball but meh, the masses will still buy them. I'd actually love to see a black version of this with red outline the words and numbers... Might not look so blah!

Reply #599492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Alcohol Think Again logo is just terrible. Don't know how much they are paying for the spot but it better be bloody a lot!

Reply #599493 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

No, no no, please don't let it be so!

OMG, that is one of the worst looking singlets I have seen in decades, really, who thought red numbers on a red singlet would work?

There are so many issues with that ugly as freak design that I can't even begin to itemise them here...

The image of the whole NBL is at stake here, someone must step up and rectify this horrible situation immediately!

Reply #599494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congrats, Adelaide and Sydney!

Didn't think they could top last year's, but they've managed. At least my wallet is happy.

Reply #599496 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I like the skyline on the back, breaks up the flat design of most singlets, but the darker red on lighter red is just awful... They've sort of tried to break up the colours like the Hawks did, but I think the Hawks did it much better...

The balance/spacing just seems to be off as well... Black lettering with the white border would have been so much better...

Reply #599498 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Yuck,
Where's the Wildcats' own Logo???
No room I guess

Reply #599504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

last i heard 2 mill is what the cats wanted from think again

Reply #599505 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The ATA logo is done slightly better than in previous years, but that someone thought last year's jerseys suffered from the text being too clear is just incomprehensible.

They had it exactly right in 2014. They should go back to that and stick with it.

Something needs to be done on a league level about this. Adelaide, Sydney and Perth have unveiled absolutely awful designs already this year. Perth's and Adelaide's last year were bad. The And1 designs were boring, and it was ridiculous to have the same design for every single team, but it was better than what we're getting now.

Reply #599508 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

And what is it with the club and red, seriously? They've gone from refusing to sell any merch that wasn't primarily red, which is bad enough, to refusing to sell merch that has any other color anywhere on it at all.

The "All Red Everything" gimmick will never be over.

Reply #599509 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I preferred when the Wildcats had a black home jersey.

Reply #599510 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

Oh the stories I could tell regarding the red obsession.

Reply #599515 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Suddenly last years don't seem that bad anymore..

Reply #599516 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Next update will be players having to wear red shoes..

Hope they don't see this and get the idea.. (-_-)

I wouldn't mind seeing them all in black socks and shoes like the Bulls used to in playoffs.

Reply #599517 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Called it.

Reply #629984 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Backed them when they were paying $10.

Reply #629998 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:10 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754