Mock
Years ago

Sydney Kings sign former Fremantle Docker

old news but they've made it OFFICIAL.

SYDNEY KINGS SIGN FORMER FREMANTLE DOCKER

The Sydney Kings are thrilled to announce that promising forward Craig Moller has been signed as a Development Player for the 2016-17 NBL season.

The 22 year old 202cm (6'8) Moller will become a part of a select group of athletes to have played both Australian rules football and basketball at the elite level.

Head coach Andrew Gaze has been impressed by Moller’s tireless efforts in proving himself worthy of a spot on the Kings roster.

Topic #39962 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

Stuff the DP's haven't they still got 1-2 players to sign yet to their actual roster?

Pretty sure the Kings are the only team who haven't completed their roster yet.

Reply #599464 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yup, old news, I think was announced with their BANSW announcement last week? From what I've seen of him in pre-season, he's definitely working hard and it's a well-deserved DP spot... Just glad that it's not a full roster spot if only for the reason that I don't have to find his hair in Lego form...

Two full roster players to go... very frustrating and I don't see the point with waiting, unless they're waiting for someone special, but you'd think that the two remaining spots would be back up level... They've had a good look at the team against the Hawks and against Chinese level competition, so they would be aware of what gaps they need to fill... from what I've read elsewhere, if they're running a lot of shuffle that wouldn't necessarily mean they require a focused pass-first PG option, even though that would be handy, and need a backup SF and unless Jules makes it back soon, a decent back up big...

Really wish we didn't miss out on Trist last season...

Reply #599470 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Just curious what is the age limit on Development players ?

Reply #599471 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

It was 23 https://eventdesq.imgstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=main&EventDesqID=13663&OrgID=5295

But it is now 25 "The maximum age of development players is now 25 years old and they can play as many games as a club desires." http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/public-player-salaries-and-marquee-signings--nbl-reforms-its-salary-cap-20160330-gnuegn.html

Reply #599473 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

School holidays isn't it?

Reply #599478 | Report this post

Slobodon  
Years ago

1-1 now between NBL and AFL. Greenwood and moller

Reply #599563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good signing. Really nice season for the Miners in SEABL. Not many guys will out rebound him.

Reply #599619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just watched the Kings NZ game his drive to the basket was electric follows up with and one, massive three in the mix as well, played in number 9 but had some other name on stats sheet.

Reply #599623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now a superstar.

Reply #845312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if he will feel a bit of envy this weekend when his old teammates are celebrating their big derby victory

Reply #845321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's done something Fremantle can only dream about, won a premiership, actually two, United and Chargers, played for Australia, I’d say he’s comfortable with the decision.

Reply #845331 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:27 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754